• Forum membership has its advantages....

SNORE BB 400 update

PAB

40's rock!
Weird but I got to play hookey from work due to flights and weather this weekend and didn't end up at one of the three races going on? I think I needed a rest.

From DA member Cody who is on the side of the course in Nev.......

Sammy Ehrnberg received a 10 minute penalty for rolling check point 1.

Daniel Folts rear ended while stopped and lost the rear cage which took 30 minutes to fix.

He thinks the Meco 16 is leading with Brad Wilson second.

Shane Reed, part of winning 1600 driving team from teh 1000 was in the hospital last night with a broken collar bone he suffered while pre running on a bike.

PAB

40's rock!
Cody called in to say that Bryan Freeman looks to have the lead on time at this point in 1600.

PAB

40's rock!
2 laps in the books and 3 to go.

Halopoff leading 10 and overall

Freeman leading 1600

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
tj flores #177 had some down time from broken axles, but is up and running again. heard jc dean/mikey gaughan #1088 runnning strong and bob mathews #1639 running strong as well

PAB

40's rock!
Cody reporting Sammy Ehrnberg invert but he is back on his wheels and going again

JasonHutter

Last I heard Andy Schifanelli was in first in class 8 with Monty Tibbits having a problem in the rear end but running again, and Matt Towery with his new truck had problems with his ram in the steering. I also heard our teammate in class 11 was running second! Go Fire Guys!

Jason

doug969

Corey Torres still up front by 5 min on Rick Poole with Rust Ruby 924 in 3rd. Out on 3rd lap for the leaders

MARK

Any photos yet? Also what time is the race over so I can call and see how the new car is doing. Sucks staying home.

doug969

If i remember right from the meeting last nght, race times out @ 6pm. Not 100% but thats what i think

doug969

class 9 corey t still up front 10 min in front of poole and branden h few min back from poole.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Just got in from the track…

Philip Finch won class 10 and was second overall to a class 1 car, I finished 2nd in 10 and third overall.

Not sure who won the 1600 class?

We lost a power steering belt on lap 1 and had to change an outer CV boot and hub on lap 2, we lost about 40-50 minutes?

Jake and I went the whole way… Can you say Advil Gel Caps after lap four! We had a clean couple of last laps but I think Finch beat us by about twenty minutes?

Tree Bar and night.. nite…

:D

deano

McDeano
i'm so pissed that you donkeys told me the outcome of this race, i was going to watch this on the tube tomorrow !!!!!!!!!! :mad: oh, i forgot, tv doesn't like desert racing :eek: well, we'll try and change that soon !!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Fourstroker

Just heard that Brian Crew took the Unlimited Sportsman Win in the Lucas Oil car. Congrats Brian on your first win.

Grant Lenk

Just got in from the track…

Philip Finch won class 10 and was second overall to a class 1 car, I finished 2nd in 10 and third overall.

Not sure who won the 1600 class?

We lost a power steering belt on lap 1 and had to change an outer CV boot and hub on lap 2, we lost about 40-50 minutes?

Jake and I went the whole way… Can you say Advil Gel Caps after lap four! We had a clean couple of last laps but I think Finch beat us by about twenty minutes?

Tree Bar and night.. nite…

:D
Will, awesome job out there! way to keep the moral high and finish strong. Great Job!

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
After having horrid winds all last week, race weekend came upon us with perfect weather... just enuf breeze friday to keep the dust from settling and gorgeous sunshine for pre-running & tech... 80 degree temps and not a cloud in the sky all weekend.. The attrition rate at this race was unbelievable - I couldn't believe how many cars were out after the 1st lap and there were only appx 40 finishers total... brutal course - reminded me of Parker this year... I saw more 3-wheeled vehicles coming in either on course or trailers than I ever have at a race...

I really have to commend the BLM on this race - they were extremely fair and where they could have slammed racers "just because," they judged each situation on its own and made the appropriate call ... It was great working with you... Next time I won't forget the BBQ ;) ... Also, the same can be said for our Race Director, Steve Alexander, who stood his ground and enforced the rules no matter who was involved...

Phillip Finch took Class 10 and also overalled the race!!! Congratulations!! :D :D :D Thank you, your family and team for coming out and racing with us - it was a pleasure meeting you all... Hopefully the Tree Bar didn't hurt you too bad and the tables were good to you ;)

Will, I have to say your car was crazy fast!! I could hear you waaaay before I ever saw you... Class 10 was really something to watch yesterday... I'm glad you came out and raced with us and it was great to meet you :) ... Please thank your crew for me too for helping me clear the cars and trailers in the parking lot with their floor jacks - I owe you all a round at the next race....

The big money winner this weekend was Corey Goin, who won class 1600, as well as received a check for $1900 from Pro1600 and also was the lucky Dunebuggy.com "Bonus Bucks" winner for another $4000 - what a payday!!

And how about DJ Jeffrey taking 1st in Sportsman - way to go!!! Your Dad had a 1000 watt perma-grin on his face when I got over to your pit... He is so proud of you!

Brian Coneen in his beautiful new car took 1st in Class 1 - what a really nice group of people and it was great to have met you all :)

xjchaser

Hey Brandon where were you this weekend Had a great time helping Bob and Chris with the race they both drove real well and had a great race Jeff