SNORE Class 5-1600 and possible class 9 & 11 Rule change / request / clarification

R. Gross

Reaction
Looks like he read the rule book and asked the race director to make sure . But put the 2nd seat in on Sunday and the results was the same, he went out and kicked but so it did not make a difference . Robert the best way to change the rule is to contact the racers and get what they want and take it to SNORE . sorry but doing it this way makes you look like a sore loser

Kenny,
Quite the opposite. I never stepped out of a car as a sore loser. Also, I did not race this race. As I said in the opening paragraph of this thread it was posted on behalf of the majority of the 5-1600 class. The thread was drafted, then emailed to multiple car owners and DOR's, edited to their liking of what they are requesting and then posted. They all knew there would be possible reprocussions or personal attacks such as the ones above to who ever posted it on RDC, but this is the only avenue at this point that they can monitor the process. I volunteered to do the posting since one teams opinion of me does not matter when you do something you feel is right. We (the class) did not call anyone out or make personal attacks in our original request for the review of the rule. It looks like the Race Director is working on a plan. Their concern now is that not all will be able to attend a physical vote since most do not live in Las Vegas. Maybe certified mail or a notary letter they can send. I do agree that it should be limited to car owners and DOR's from a past time frame such as 2 to 3 years.
On another note, I am not going to respond to the above post or any not related to the topic at hand. BAP is behind us and we are just trying to clarify or change back the rules for future races so this does not happen again.

offroadracer516

Reaction
Kenny,
Quite the opposite. I never stepped out of a car as a sore loser. Also, I did not race this race. As I said in the opening paragraph of this thread it was posted on behalf of the majority of the 5-1600 class. The thread was drafted, then emailed to multiple car owners and DOR's, edited to their liking of what they are requesting and then posted. They all knew there would be possible reprocussions or personal attacks such as the ones above to who ever posted it on RDC, but this is the only avenue at this point that they can monitor the process. I volunteered to do the posting since one teams opinion of me does not matter when you do something you feel is right. We (the class) did not call anyone out or make personal attacks in our original request for the review of the rule. It looks like the Race Director is working on a plan. Their concern now is that not all will be able to attend a physical vote since most do not live in Las Vegas. Maybe certified mail or a notary letter they can send. I do agree that it should be limited to car owners and DOR's from a past time frame such as 2 to 3 years.
On another note, I am not going to respond to the above post or any not related to the topic at hand. BAP is behind us and we are just trying to clarify or change back the rules for future races so this does not happen again.
Clearly you think that what you did was fine,nothing should be done about it and we should just move on. I totally disagree. You blew it Robert. No reply you can possibly give can make up for your actions during the entire battle at primm weekend. You made our race miserable all weekend with constant complaining with even an attempt to protest that was shut down. And then taking it to threats of violence against me from your team and you. You may not have raced but you were fully in that team and the one instigating all the drama. If anything should not happen again it should be you and your team getting anywhere near a SNORE race.

Last edited:

scootin newton

Reaction
At the end of the meeting, Zack said he would have someone from snore type a letter and emailing it to the dor the last 3 years, giving us the opportunity to vote on the topic... He also did say the rule wouldn't or couldn't be changed till the beginning of next season... I'm still waiting on this letter...

tapeworm

Reaction
This single seat rule doesn't affect class 9. As soon as someone pulls the passenger seat out of a two seat 9 car it becomes a single seat car, regardless of where the seat is mounted in the chassis and must meet the minimum weight requirement for a single seat 9 car.

In the 1600 classes a general rule of thumb is 25 pounds equates to about 1hp so removing the passenger from the car will make a difference. With that said Jeremy flat out halls in a VW so he would have run up front regardless of the configuration. All he did was exploit a loop hole that can hopefully be closed.

5-16 has traditionally been a two seat class so it would be nice to see the rules re-written to enforce that. I really don't have a dog in the fight other than my dad has a 5-16 sitting in the garage collecting dust that I'm getting the itch to throw money towards instead of a single seat car so I will be watching closely to see how this all plays out.

mrmatt

Reaction
You can leave Class 9 out of this too. We have weight rules. As long as you meet the requirements you can run whatever. 1550 for single, 1350 for two seat.

Exactly. With Class 9 as soon as the right seat disappears it is now a single seat car and must weigh 1550. No need to involve class 9.

SummerTime

Reaction
Did not get asked my opinion on this matter before being posted on behalf of the class. That said ill share it now:
I missed the drama at primm, we lost the motor after qualifying and left friday afternoon, sounds like a lot of nonsense. Jeremy earned his win, its time to move on. I considered running single seat at primm because i lost my codriver shortly before hand and was having trouble replacing him (would have needed clarification on the rule). I ended up not needing to, but in the process began thinking about the pros and cons. We are racing cars with limited power, weight counts for a lot which is why a 9 vs 516 shootout actually makes competitive sense; 9 has weight advantage, we have power. We are talking about realistically 200-300 pounds here, perhaps more depending on the extent of modification for single seat. In every other class this is addressed with weight limits or restrictor plates, however as already mentioned this adds complexity to our class that no one wants. If we leave the rule as it sits, every 516 car will need to be changed to single seat to be competitive at the top end of the class and fewer people will see the glory of desert racing through the codrivers seat (i know of at least 20 people in my friend circle who have been introduced in this manner). I believe this needs to be a 2 seat only class and it sounds like the majority of the drivers feel the same. Lets put it to a vote however we need to and move forward with racing and growing the class. Based on what ive heard and seen, competition is only going to get stronger and faster as the season wears on, cant wait for caliente! Dust that car off Tapeworm!

J BomBer

Reaction
Did not get asked my opinion on this matter before being posted on behalf of the class. That said ill share it now:
I missed the drama at primm, we lost the motor after qualifying and left friday afternoon, sounds like a lot of nonsense. Jeremy earned his win, its time to move on. I considered running single seat at primm because i lost my codriver shortly before hand and was having trouble replacing him (would have needed clarification on the rule). I ended up not needing to, but in the process began thinking about the pros and cons. We are racing cars with limited power, weight counts for a lot which is why a 9 vs 516 shootout actually makes competitive sense; 9 has weight advantage, we have power. We are talking about realistically 200-300 pounds here, perhaps more depending on the extent of modification for single seat. In every other class this is addressed with weight limits or restrictor plates, however as already mentioned this adds complexity to our class that no one wants. If we leave the rule as it sits, every 516 car will need to be changed to single seat to be competitive at the top end of the class and fewer people will see the glory of desert racing through the codrivers seat (i know of at least 20 people in my friend circle who have been introduced in this manner). I believe this needs to be a 2 seat only class and it sounds like the majority of the drivers feel the same. Lets put it to a vote however we need to and move forward with racing and growing the class. Based on what ive heard and seen, competition is only going to get stronger and faster as the season wears on, cant wait for caliente! Dust that car off Tapeworm!

I didn’t get asked either...

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I think it was more of a suggestion of what needed to be done to change or address the rule instead of asking for opinions so I just added a poll for the DOR to vote.
If anyone has a class e-mail list, I can send them a quick note to vote.
Who is the class Rep or is there one?

R. Gross

Reaction
I think it was more of a suggestion of what needed to be done to change or address the rule instead of asking for opinions so I just added a poll for the DOR to vote.
If anyone has a class e-mail list, I can send them a quick note to vote.
Who is the class Rep or is there one?

ONE RJ,
I was called about 8 months ago by Kenny asking if I could be the class rep since I was trying to promote the class through RDC posts and answering questions related to the class specs. I don't know if they ever updated the website or if that info was related to the Board. I remember a while back I had asked for all the DOR's contact info since I only have some and not all, but I understand that is personal information which SNORE can not give out and I understand that perspective since I would not want an entity giving out my cell number and email address either without my permission. I believe only 2 DOR's were not found at the race.

Last edited:

snoreracer

Reaction
At the end of the meeting, Zack said he would have someone from snore type a letter and emailing it to the dor the last 3 years, giving us the opportunity to vote on the topic... He also did say the rule wouldn't or couldn't be changed till the beginning of next season... I'm still waiting on this letter...
Best way to get in touch with the race director is not on RDC try his email
Race Director: Zach Jorgensen
racedirector @ snoreracing.net

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
I have raced in class 5-1600 and Class 11. Desert and in Short course. Sense 1988. Up to the Rage at the River this year.
Glen Halen ( short course ) was a single seat for 5-1600.
In all my years. We have always raced with 2 people. 2 Seats. In class 11 and class 5-1600.
I vote to leave the classes that way.
Dennis Sletten.

Banned5Life

Reaction
Honestly only been telling SNORE officials about this but since nothing has been done or was done when it should of been. I'll spill it. You yelled at the snore officials all weekend. Your family wanted to physically fight me at the 516 meeting because they were not getting their way. You insulted my entire family with absurd name calling in front of everyone again because you were not getting your way. And at the tree bar on saturday night as I was talking to a few snore officials. You walked up out of no where in a drunken rage threatening to fight me and "kick my teeth in" SCREAMING at me. I didn't even know you were there till you walked up reeking of liquor sluring and screaming. The snore officials asked you to leave at that point. But you didn't, you proceeded to stock me at the tree bar with Allan Gross. Legit walking around the tree bar following me. Allan mean mugging me constantly. Making it so uncomfortable that I left to my room. Your entire team should be banned from SNORE. Totally unacceptable actions. You really think I wasn't going to say something??? Honestly never experienced anything like it in my 30 years of going to offroad races. Funny how you talk all respectful on here but that's the absolute last thing you are. Im with voting for the rule change but your team should be totally exempt from competition in the future. Your actions are unacceptable.
The way Robbie ran his mouth he was asking for it. If the gross’ get banned it’s only fair Robbie does too

harleys dad

Reaction
you are full of it, Robby did not threaten anyomes life you fool, Gross did that in front of several Snore officials

J BomBer

Reaction
The way Robbie ran his mouth he was asking for it. If the gross’ get banned it’s only fair Robbie does too

Delusional, funny even Gross sr was staring me down up until snore officials told everyone but the driver of record to leave.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
I can't even imagine how it's not written into the SNORE rules to require 2 passengers in Class-11?!?!?!?

...how in the world did this turn into conflict nearly coming to blows????

J BomBer

Reaction
I can't even imagine how it's not written into the SNORE rules to require 2 passengers in Class-11?!?!?!?

...how in the world did this turn into conflict nearly coming to blows????
Everyone thought I won in 516 due to running single seat in qualifying and on day one, day two I had a passenger and still won.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
Everyone thought I won in 516 due to running single seat in qualifying and on day one, day two I had a passenger and still won.
That's fine and all. Class 5-1600, then. They just need to write the rules clearer, apparently. It should just state one way or another in the rules for each "limited" engine displacement class as to required minimum number of passengers. Then we would avoid this big pissing match.

J BomBer

Reaction
That's fine and all. Class 5-1600, then. They just need to write the rules clearer, apparently. It should just state one way or another in the rules for each "limited" engine displacement class as to required minimum number of passengers. Then we would avoid this big pissing match.

at the time the rules did state you could run 516 as single seat, I even got confirmation from the tech director and race director before hand.