• Forum membership has its advantages....

SNORE/MORE Battle of Barstow Race ,Forum - Poll

Protech975

All Class 9 Drivers
We would like to start a forum, Poll, on the upcomimg MORE/SNORE Battle of Barstow Ramada 250 Western States Championship race sceduled for Nov.17th to be run in Barstow, Calif.
As you have probably heard both SNORE and MORE are going to be combining their last races of the year.
We would like to hear from all class 9 drivers in this part of the country as to their intentions concerning this race, Are you going to enter? Are you interested in racing this race? Which race would you be running SNORE/MORE or Both? would you be interested in side polls of money in our class?
Let us know what you think about this combined race and any idea's you may have to make it the greatest event of the year.
Thanks for your Support MORE Racing
Jim Clements, Rob Stapp #975

Cameron

Wish I could be there!!!
But time and $$$ wont let me.
It would be GREAT to race with all those 9 cars.
Good Luck to all who enter.

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>BRAT Racing # 936</font color=yellow>

Protech975

Cameron
Thanks for the reply! Would be great to meet you some time at some race soon.
Rumer mill says that LaRana racing will be starting up again next year and they have a race date already for Jan 2002! Somewhere in Calif.....
Below are a few answers I have for Emailed ? we have received this week concerning the MORE/ SNORE race..
You will be able to enter both races if both entries are paid...
A money pool may? be formed from both races to the overall winners...
All cars will be given a lottery start position in each class but only MORE will take a rear start request...
Only MORE will be paying Fast lap money...
Only points earned in each seperate race will be added to that Org. points race...
Private money pools are to be worked out by the drivers only...
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. We want to make this a race that will be remembered for a long time! as one of the best ever... Rob S.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Protech975 on 09/28/01 11:14 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Protech975

Race Update
Responce has been incredible to this Nov. Race, The current numbers of total cars committed to running are around the 90/100 mark. With at least 15-9 cars with a desire to run.
Latest word as of 10/5 is that LaRana is "OUT" they have dropped their dates for 2001. this will open up 4 more dates for MORE and MDR.
Lets keep hearing from all drivers about what they think of this race.
If the promoters can run a great race and please most racers this could become a really big annual event!

Protech975

Race Update
Vegas guys report that as many as 20 / 9 cars from that side of the border will be running in Barstow, We know of at least 10 more from Calif that will be racing! When has there last been a race with those kind of numbers?
Keep the feedback coming in!

Protech975

Battle of Barstow Race Info!

Race Update:
The proposed map of the Battle of Barstow track has been posted and is now available to view. Look for it on the MORE web site. MORERacing.net/HOME

Protech975

Many thanks to all the people who showed up to help at the Clean up day in Barstow.
We removed over 50 tons of junk from the Barstow area race track including several tons off the very track we will be running on in 3 weeks.
I even got lucky and found one of the best wierd things of the day "A Larry Pearson Carboard Figure"
and for that find I received a very nice MX bike stand from AC Racing.
A special thanks to all of the people from CORDR for there time in setting this event up, we all need to support them as they are on the front-line for all of us trying to save this desert for our future use!
Race Update. things are still coming together on both sides and we should have well over a 100 car field.. Rob S. #975

Protech975

Race Update
I have been hearing all sorts of Names being tossed around from many sources as to who might be showing up to run this race in Class 9 { Walters,Sheble,Bio,Owen,Folts,Mohr,McDonald,.........} but have not seen a single post on this page from anyone!
Time to stop viewing and start posting. Tim Hinson from Bakersfield has suggested that we try to have a post race BBQ at the S&F area. if you would be interested let us know? I have a very large BBQ mounted on a trailer that I can easily feed up to 100 people. We can do something as easy as Burgers and Dogs or go all out and cook Tri-Tips or what ever we can fit on a 8-ft. grill!
Hard to say at this point just how many of the verbal commitments to enter this race will actually show up, but the course has been stretched from 39 to 49 miles in order to meet BLM saftey guidlines based on the numbers so far. We may have a list of pre-entered drivers soon. Stayed tuned. Rob S.

mike_hinson

Rob,
That's "MIKE" Hinson from Bakersfield. I think you got me mixed up with Tim Hayosh.

As for the BBQ, burgers and dogs sounds good to me. I will donate to the cause. I will be pitting for a 1600 car, so I can cook/prepare after the race. We can schedule it for after the race so all the Class 9 drivers, co-drivers, families, and pit support can attend. We do need to get a head count. Please post here if you would like to attend the BBQ. If you know someone that doesn't have web access, please ask them and put their name and number of atendees in the pot.
Thanks,
Mike

mike_hinson

Where's the Class 9 community? We need to see some posts here. Anyone up for the BBQ at SNORE/MORE race? I'll get even fatter if I have to eat all the food myself!
Mike

Protech975

Race Update
The BLM is apparently going to make MORE change the race course again. So don't go out and prerun the course based on the Map that was posted on the MORE web site. Stayed tuned for info on the new course map which should be posted again soon.
The BBQ is on! and we will be serving Burgers, Dogs, Sausages, chili, kraut and what ever else we can drag out to the race, all of course well seasoned with Vitamin D "Dirt". Rob S.

Protech975

Race Time!

Race Update
The new course map has been approved and should be up on the MORE web site tonight
Also the course will be marked by this Sat. the 10th and ready for prerunning.
It's getting down to crunch time so lets hear from all 9 team that will be running the BoB 250 race.
Also the Big BBQ after the race is being planned so let us know if you are going to attend and if so what you would like to bring to the table? Rob S. #975

mike_hinson

Re: Race Time!

Let's here if you are coming to the Class 9 BBQ!!! Should be a killer. Protech975 is doing the cooking. I'll be doing the setup and of course, eating. We would like to get the 9 teams together to do some bench racing after the race. Be sure to include your families, friends, pit support people, etc. And NO, you won't be required to wear a name tag. Let's have some fun.
Thanks,
Mike (938 Under Construction) Hinson