• Forum membership has its advantages....

SNORE/MORE Midnight Special BOONE'S Racing In Car

Jeffers909

Had a great time this weekend. I wish all the 10 cars that signed up would have showed but we still had 17 that left the line. Was shaping up to be a good battle between Starkey, Mauer, Reid and I but things went all to hell after the bottleneck at MM 57. Roger blew up reverse trying to save the front of his car from Olliges/Swift, Maurer got hung up on Householder tearing up the left front of his car, and I lost the alternator wire causing the battery to run dry just after I cleared all the mess. Thanks to Brett Mauer who loaned me a leathermen and a crescent wrench, rigged the wire back up to the alternator and with a serious "Ginger Power Push" from Chones Cordova we were able to get going again and salvage a 3rd place finish.

[video=youtube;yb3nHN3-UXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb3nHN3-UXI&feature=plcp[/video]

transaxleMat

Nice video Cody, and thanks again for the radio call before you passed us. Hopefully Pat will get our video of our incar footage up soon.

Jeffers909

Thanks Matt. Congrats on the 3rd place finish. I won't send Patrick any more pics of deer until he does. Ha ha. When's the next race gonna be?

transaxleMat

Thanks, we're all stoked on the 3rd place. We weren't really expecting it seeing as how they didn't call us in for post-tech. And that sounds good, he doesn't deserve pictures until we get desert footage ha.

We are thinking about racing laughlin in December, but got to look at the financials and see what we can do. What about you guys? Any races planned?

coilover88

I hope you radio'd in to report the idiots way inside the 150' setback at 6:09 in part 2. MORE has worked very hard to come up with a system to prevent this but they need the racers to help as well. That kind of behavior from spectators is what puts future permits at risk.