SNORE/MORE Rage Fun-Run

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
There will be an extremely strict speed limit policy implemented during the fun run. Everyone please pay attention to this.

25 MPH on the fun run. This is the only way BLM will allow us to have a fun run.

hey guys 25 MPH on the fun run. got it??

BLM will have 3 rangers with radar guns, SNORE will have three radar guns of our own setup. Do not fall way back and think you will get away with running hard for a 1/4 mile at a time, you will be penalized before your race even begins, not to mention if BLM catches you they will be issuing citations. In Clark County there is a 25 MPH speed limit on BLM land, unless it is during a high speed competitive event, that is how they will be able to cite you.

R. Gross

Reaction
CJ,
There is a rumor that there is a limit on how many cars can go on the fun run and it is first come first served starting at 12 noon. 2 of my guys getting in the car will get there about 12 to 12:30 and jumping into the car to get off the line ASAP. I understand possibly no stock vehicles so it ends in a reasonable time, but since the fun run is before registration, how do we guarantee that at least the DOR and co-pilot gat a shot at seeing the course? We do not want to bring a whole caravan, just 2 vehicles per entry if possible with those who will actually be in the cars on race day. Can you please clarify or squash the rumor? Thanks

R. Gross

Reaction
Dang...now there is a can of worms opened up...ha ha

Sorry Cam. Just wanted to get our logistics correct and the info out there. I am running interference for quite a few teams who are texting me that either do not post on RDC or do not want to ask the "Can of Worms" questions. LOL. Some guys were wondering if they were going to have a copy of the entry list and maybe like sharpy the car number on the windshield with at least 2 per entry and then mark them off the list or something similar?
Good job at the 1000. You were definetly the fan favorite in our camp.

snoreracer

Reaction
CJ,
There is a rumor that there is a limit on how many cars can go on the fun run and it is first come first served starting at 12 noon. 2 of my guys getting in the car will get there about 12 to 12:30 and jumping into the car to get off the line ASAP. I understand possibly no stock vehicles so it ends in a reasonable time, but since the fun run is before registration, how do we guarantee that at least the DOR and co-pilot gat a shot at seeing the course? We do not want to bring a whole caravan, just 2 vehicles per entry if possible with those who will actually be in the cars on race day. Can you please clarify or squash the rumor? Thanks
There is no limit other than UTVs and race cars only no stock vehicles.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
CJ,

So it was briefly printed, but has since been corrected. there is no limit on fun run vehicles, sorry for the confusion. SxS, pre-runners, race cars only. no stock vehicles on fun run.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
So what about teams that actually have Prerunners ? Not a golf cart and definitely NOT Stock ? But not the race car.
Sent from my iPhone using race-desert mobile app

again sorry for the confusion, seems like everyone has SxS these days except for me. ha ha Pre runners are fine, thats what I have too... just no stock vehicles.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
drivers notes... This is going to be a crazy awesome event!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 2017 RATR Drivers Notes-3.pdf
    321.3 KB · Views: 263

Jerry

Reaction
If your truck looks anything like an American flag please don’t speed.

I was approached by a very angry snore official last year that was told I was being reckless on the fun run.

GoPro everything.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

R. Gross

Reaction
Hey CJ,
Sorry to be a pest, but the teams are asking on how many pit passes to get in and out of the gate on Saturday & Sunday will be in their packets so they can plan accordingly and car pool as best as possible?
They are also asking if you know how wide the pit stalls will be since some have 40' trailers with a tow rig. I don't have that problem, good problem to have I guess, maybe someday. LOL
I also have an extra tape wheel if you want me to bring it on Saturday.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Hey CJ,
Sorry to be a pest, but the teams are asking on how many pit passes to get in and out of the gate on Saturday & Sunday will be in their packets so they can plan accordingly and car pool as best as possible?
They are also asking if you know how wide the pit stalls will be since some have 40' trailers with a tow rig. I don't have that problem, good problem to have I guess, maybe someday. LOL
I also have an extra tape wheel if you want me to bring it on Saturday.

not pestering at all! LoL they will get 5 pit passes.
40' trailer will be fine, but no one will be able to park perpendicular. pit stalls will be 25' wide. but plenty deep

snoreracer

Reaction
RATR-Day-2-28.jpg

R. Gross

Reaction
Hey CJ,
Will the class 9 & 5/1600's be lined up to start mixed in the order that they qualify? I thought that was how it was done last year or maybe it was BAP. Also, if a 5/1600 cannot make it to qualifying, I assume he will have to start at the back of the 5/1600 class which will put him behind the all the slower 9 cars which he will have to work his way through to get to the competitive 5/1600's? Please clarify so they guys know. Since 5/1600 just hit 16 cars and the chance to qualify the other day, some are scrambling to see if they can get there by Thursday and whether it is worth it or not. Thanks

Rick 1634

Reaction
De we need to mark our pre runners with a race number? If so, where and what size should they be? Thank you.