SNORE PCI 250 1911 Race Report

slvrbullet

What a race! Just making it to this race was a milestone in itself. It seems like everything that could go wrong did go wrong and then some. Brand new parts breaking during prep and losing a day just to fix those parts, was a real setback. The list of fabrication needed just kept growing. My prep mechanic and myself worked multiple 18 to 20-hour days just to get the car ready to go on the trailer, but we got it done. We left Boise Idaho almost midnight on Thursday. What was supposed to be a 9-hour drive turned into a little over 12 because of ice and snow and every other possible adverse weather conditions. We finally made it into Vegas and unloaded at Battle Born Off-road to finish the last few things. Big shout out to Chas as he embodies what off-road racing is about. The hospitality he showed my crew and I was amazing and refreshing. Once we finished the last few items we loaded up and headed to the tech. The guys from SNORE were awesome and tech went pretty fast and easy. A few people laughed at us bringing a basically stock car other than safety requirements to a race, I just shrugged it off and we went back to the pits for dinner and final adjustments. As we made our final preparations for the race it started to rain, and I felt bad for my guys still working, but they had to be done and then we headed out to the start finish line and made it there at around 11 at night. We unloaded the car covered it in a tarp and called it a night. Race morning started, and we lined up for the start and I lost communication at the start line! so I was not thrilled (it was working than just stopped, Great!) My Co driver had to use hand signals and I realized I was basically on my own as I couldn’t read the Ipad GPS. This is not how I wanted to race but I sacked up and ran it. We started the race and immediately started mixing it up the rest of the class the course was brutally rough and I soon realized the back was not valve right and that I would need to take it easy in the big holes, this was going to cost me more time than I originally thought but its all part of the learning curve with a new car. First lap was uneventful other than all the puddles and deep single track that just sucked up our horsepower. Lap 2 I started pushing it to make time on the leaders and made up a bunch of time about a mile before pit B I felt the car start to run out of gas. We pulled into the pits and also found we had a flat as they changed the flat the car died. We already used our gas at pit B so a call was made to pit A. The crew sprang into action immediately and did work and got gas to us. I knew my chance for a podium finish was done, I was pretty pissed and disappointed in myself but knew I had to get over it and keep going for a finish. I brought the car in for the last lap and we topped of the tank and I drove just to survive. I thought the course was rough on the first lap by the third lap it was ridiculous. The rear was just slamming, and I didn’t want to break the car. We brought it in for a finish and it was a whirlwind of emotion for me the amount of time, money, drama, time away from my family was all worth it! I couldn’t have done it without my wife, awesome crew and sponsors. The underdogs finished, and we had a chance at the podium, I couldn’t be happier. My pit crew was amazing and knew what needed to be done to get us to the finish line. We have some things to adjust for the next race, but we will be back! I can’t thank my team enough, people talked behind my back and doubted that we could pull it off with a small team, we did! and I couldn’t be prouder of them. It just goes to show what a loyal crew can do. A huge thanks to our sponsors 208tires.com, Kartek, Battle Born Off-road, Sector Seven by Pro Moto Billet, Freedom Ropes, Blud lubricants, Moore Racing Tech, Evolution Pressure washing Idaho.

Last edited:

snoreracer

What a race! Just making it to this race was a milestone in itself. It seems like everything that could go wrong did go wrong and then some. Brand new parts breaking during prep and losing a day just to fix those parts, was a real setback. The list of fabrication needed just kept growing. My prep mechanic and myself worked multiple 18 to 20-hour days just to get the car ready to go on the trailer, but we got it done. We left Boise Idaho almost midnight on Thursday. What was supposed to be a 9-hour drive turned into a little over 12 because of ice and snow and every other possible adverse weather conditions. We finally made it into Vegas and unloaded at Battle Born Off-road to finish the last few things. Big shout out to Chas as he embodies what off-road racing is about. The hospitality he showed my crew and I was amazing and refreshing. Once we finished the last few items we loaded up and headed to the tech. The guys from SNORE were awesome and tech went pretty fast and easy. A few people laughed at us bringing a basically stock car other than safety requirements to a race, I just shrugged it off and we went back to the pits for dinner and final adjustments. As we made our final preparations for the race it started to rain, and I felt bad for my guys still working, but they had to be done and then we headed out to the start finish line and made it there at around 11 at night. We unloaded the car covered it in a tarp and called it a night. Race morning started, and we lined up for the start and I lost communication at the start line! so I was not thrilled (it was working than just stopped, Great!) My Co driver had to use hand signals and I realized I was basically on my own as I couldn’t read the Ipad GPS. This is not how I wanted to race but I sacked up and ran it. We started the race and immediately started mixing it up the rest of the class the course was brutally rough and I soon realized the back was not valve right and that I would need to take it easy in the big holes, this was going to cost me more time than I originally thought but its all part of the learning curve with a new car. First lap was uneventful other than all the puddles and deep single track that just sucked up our horsepower. Lap 2 I started pushing it to make time on the leaders and made up a bunch of time about a mile before pit B I felt the car start to run out of gas. We pulled into the pits and also found we had a flat as they changed the flat the car died. We already used our gas at pit B so a call was made to pit A. The crew sprang into action immediately and did work and got gas to us. I knew my chance for a podium finish was done, I was pretty pissed and disappointed in myself but knew I had to get over it and keep going for a finish. I brought the car in for the last lap and we topped of the tank and I drove just to survive. I thought the course was rough on the first lap by the third lap it was ridiculous. The rear was just slamming, and I didn’t want to break the car. We brought it in for a finish and it was a whirlwind of emotion for me the amount of time, money, drama, time away from my family was all worth it! I couldn’t have done it without my wife, awesome crew and sponsors. The underdogs finished, and we had a chance at the podium, I couldn’t be happier. My pit crew was amazing and knew what needed to be done to get us to the finish line. We have some things to adjust for the next race, but we will be back! I can’t thank my team enough, people talked behind my back and doubted that we could pull it off with a small team, we did! and I couldn’t be prouder of them. It just goes to show what a loyal crew can do. A huge thanks to our sponsors 208tires.com, Kartek, Battle Born Off-road, Sector Seven by Pro Moto Billet, Freedom Ropes, Blud lubricants, Moore Racing Tech, Evolution Pressure washing Idaho.
I am glad you had a good time , hope to see you at BAP