Snore potential rule changes for C-9

tapeworm

No matter how you argue it a two seat chassis with one seat in it is a single seat car and will have to meet minimum weight.

J BomBer

Has nothing to do with class 9, rules have stated for years class 9, stock bug, 516 and many other classes can run single as long as they take the seat out. I was the 516 who qualified and ran Saturday single but ran a seat on Sunday and still beat everyone by a minute+ with a Rider. Once the other 516 guys saw they thought I was cheating and threw a huge fit.

Funny I don’t recall being told about any 9 guys complaining, the rules were already clarified at the race that thread is a attempt to get the rules changed.

tapeworm

Has nothing to do with class 9, rules have stated for years class 9, stock bug, 516 and many other classes can run single as long as they take the seat out. I was the 516 who qualified and ran Saturday single but ran a seat on Sunday and still beat everyone by a minute+ with a Rider. Once the other 516 guys saw they thought I was cheating and threw a huge fit.

Funny I don’t recall being told about any 9 guys complaining, the rules were already clarified at the race that thread is a attempt to get the rules changed.
The rule doesn’t affect class 9. We already have different minimum weights for single and two seat vehicles.

Bro_Gill

Regardless of what the rules say now, they need to be changed back to 2 occupants. You were able to capitalize on a loop hole, now it's exposed and should be closed. Why would you be worried anyway?

QurtysLyn

Who was bringing the popcorn for this?

Our 9 ran as a single seater for several years after my grandma stopped racing and before my brother and I were old enough to codrive. Took the seat out, added some weight and all was well.

ACME

Ancient proverb: "Mr Sumyunguy say if you build it they will come, and eventually want to change rules..."