• Forum membership has its advantages....

Snore rage at the river moon bump issue.

offroadracer516

Snore is being told by Clark county that we can not race on the existing Laughlin track on the moon bumps. Please contact county commissioner Steve Sisolak and ask him to let Snore race on the existing Snore track that has been raced on for over 25 years. Tell Steve that the SNORE race brings in $5 million to the Laughlin economy each year . Tell Steve that SNORE has adopted the Davis dam horse trail and has fixed the trails flood damage the last 2 years Comissiners Sisolak's contact Email:
[email protected]
Phone:
(702) 455-3500

PLEASE take the time to call guys. This will ruin the race if its allowed to happen.

snoreracer

I gust got a call from the county commissioners office and they are working on it , i was asked by the county to ask racers to tone down the comments , please be respectful

Rory

Crayola Killer
I gust got a call from the county commissioners office and they are working on it , i was asked by the county to ask racers to tone down the comments , please be respectful
Kenny, what is the issue with running that section of the race course? This would help when making the phone call since we know WHY they have made the decision.

snoreracer

Last year I was told due to the horse trail Snore could not run the moon bumps so SNORE adopted the trail and repaired it from the flooding that happened last summer. Then after we did all that I was told that the county development manager wanted to try to keep the trail open during the race , the BLM said no to that. The last thing was the track to close to the hwy and cars stop so last years we increased the security officers on the Hwy and eliminated any issues. This year I was told by the BOR official that the county said they didn't want racing in that area, but if they would change their mind they would OK it. I received a call from the county commissioners office and they don't know why we can't run on it and are looking into it. So I think it was the retired development manager from Laughlin she was a big horse person and worked to get the trail in.

Last edited:

snoreracer

Please keep sending emails but be respectful , let the commissioner now how much you like coming to the original Laughlin track and losing that part of the track would impact your decision about attending this year .

snoreracer

Please send more emails , be nice and let the commissioners know how much you want to run the same track as last year