SNORE Ridgecrest

hendersoned

Reaction
Yes SNORE can still put on a good event, Ridgecrest was great, perfect weather, 82 and sunny, breeze all afternoon. BLM guys were great, Tech was a breeze, only problem is we could not find the SNORE steekers (lost in the "transition"). Car count was a bit low- around 77. For those who skipped last minute, BUMMER, you missed out!!

JRV 511

Reaction
A huge thank you to several race teams!!! We at Pacific States Racing would like to thank; Householder motorsports, Riot Racing ,COPS Racing ,And most of the Teams at pit A. The Tire gods were betting against us!!! I think we ended up with a grand total of eight flats plus two more sitting on the trailer as we speak . The Householder guys were dealing with a really torn up race car but still came running over to change our tire ,Riot racing Flagged us down and changed one too , Cops hauled some out to pit B for us and stayed even after there car was done, This Race was big for us, all we had to do was finish to clinch the class 10 championship , and we haven't blown this many tires all season and so far have finished every mile of every race with a worst finish (at this race) with fourth place.
This is what desert racing is all about !!! With all of the BS threads going on right now I thought it Important to post up some good stuff.
Thank you guys again !! You and your race teams are CLASS ACTS !!

Jim Varshay /Kevin Ellis/Tom Madigan(Madigan Motorsports)
Pacific States Racing

kras

Reaction
Who won Class 1600?
How?

9rocky

Reaction
Great post Jim.

We would also like to thank the Freeman crew. We are competing neck and neck with them for the class 12 championship, they are helping SNORE with the race, and they still worked with us and helped us win class 12, and place second in class 10. They changed tires for us, welded 2 broken rear arms on the 10 car, and were there for us even though their day in 12 was not going good. This is what is great about desert racing.

Matt Stevens

Reaction
I went on snores site last night under the "live update" tab they had posted the finnishing order.

slaterracing

Reaction
we too had an awesome weekend!! got there friday about 10am so we could do the pre run and had alot of fun doing that then went over to tech and cruised right thru without an issue. race day i got a rear flat at about mile 2 at the end of the first wash, thought to myself great its gunna be one of those days?? alright bring it on. but we got the tire changed and got going again and had an awesome race, truck ran like a bat out of hell all 3 laps and i had a blast. the coarse was super rough and rocky for the first 10 miles or so then after pit a it turned into a fast paced super fun 10 miles that made the rough all worth it. then 5 miles of get me the hell out of here then 15 more miles of really fun fast stuff to the finish. we ended up 3rd in 1450 and first leaf spring truck!! which im super stoked on. truck handled everything great thanks to sonny at down south motorsports, guy is a shock master! and thanks to everyone who came out and help and had a great weekend with us. and thanks motion tire for the live band and taco stand i had a blast last night!! and thanks SNORE for putting on another great event i cant wait for rage at the river see you guys there!

oldman dirt

Reaction
It was a pleasure to go out and help Kenny Freeman mark the course, and after the race pull down the markers................
Those that have never done this before should , and you will have a whole new out look on racing. It is A LOT OF WORK !!!!!!
I failed terribly this race from a drivers point of view. Although I had a good game plan and stuck to it, and was running a good pace and leading, a over eager 1400 driver (1461 ) thought it was funny to not only nerf me but drive me off the course, running his bumper into my rear cage and tearing my oil cooler and filter and breaking a shock, which lead to a locked up FAT motor......I moved as soon as I heard his siren but he followed me off course as if it was a demo derby. His front bumper got lodged between my side tube and shock and beat everything up until we became dis connected.
If anyone knows him I would appreciate a email and a explanation as to why it happened. The damage is over 10 grand and will put me out for the remainder of the year...........THANKS
Our paths will cross again someday......
To the SNORE people who worked the race awesome job !
Radio relay was spot on all day, road crossings were well manned, tech and sign up was smooth as silk, and the course was beautiful. It was a pleasant change of pace from the usual whoops of Barstow and Lucerne.
I hope we do more racing in the Ridgecrest area.
Thanks to the Freeman's for their hospitality and helping me in the pits, and to RACE FUEL ENERGY DRINK for sponsoring me and allowing me to race in the first place.
Congrats to the class 9 racer from NEW YORK CITY who won!!
Giti Gowland #992 ...... gitigowland@gmail.com ............

blacksheep

Reaction
It was a pleasure to go out and help Kenny Freeman mark the course, and after the race pull down the markers................
Those that have never done this before should , and you will have a whole new out look on racing. It is A LOT OF WORK !!!!!!
I failed terribly this race from a drivers point of view. Although I had a good game plan and stuck to it, and was running a good pace and leading, a over eager 1400 driver (1461 ) thought it was funny to not only nerf me but drive me off the course, running his bumper into my rear cage and tearing my oil cooler and filter and breaking a shock, which lead to a locked up FAT motor......I moved as soon as I heard his siren but he followed me off course as if it was a demo derby. His front bumper got lodged between my side tube and shock and beat everything up until we became dis connected.
If anyone knows him I would appreciate a email and a explanation as to why it happened. The damage is over 10 grand and will put me out for the remainder of the year...........THANKS
Our paths will cross again someday......
To the SNORE people who worked the race awesome job !
Radio relay was spot on all day, road crossings were well manned, tech and sign up was smooth as silk, and the course was beautiful. It was a pleasant change of pace from the usual whoops of Barstow and Lucerne.
I hope we do more racing in the Ridgecrest area.
Thanks to the Freeman's for their hospitality and helping me in the pits, and to RACE FUEL ENERGY DRINK for sponsoring me and allowing me to race in the first place.
Congrats to the class 9 racer from NEW YORK CITY who won!!
Giti Gowland #992 ...... gitigowland@gmail.com ............
so was the guy that knerfed you dq,ed or was it just one particular 1600 car

snoreracer

Reaction
Thanks to all the volunteers that made the race happen . A big think you to Jim Tucker for all your help with the SNORE 250 . Thanks to Giti , Cory Going for helping mark the track . Thanks to John P. Dan Bradley, Brad Maure, Giti, Dave Nelson and Bryan Freeman for cleaning the track . The free BBQ at the finish was great , Every entry getting a free photo disk of the race was a nice touch. The checker party at main pit with a band and free tacos was as good as it gets .

Attachments

BEAM BRIGADE

Reaction
TODD STEMMERMAN'S CAR #1201 MUSIC RENTAL & PAWNSHOP APE WRAPS CLASS 12 HAD A CATASTROPHIC TRANSMISSION FAILURE ( ring and pinion ) AT MILE 6 ---BUZZ KILL---GAME OVER---WANT TO THANK MY CREW FOR ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT---BRANDON - MATT - MILES - SCOTT - GLEN-MONIQUE

Attachments

chickenlips

Reaction
Must have been a driver error. Usually happens to new racers, but not seasoned vets. Sorry for your loss.

DEZERTBOUND

Reaction
Congratulations to Desert Dirt Dog Racing! Steve and Ken did a great job of preparing and driving the truck and Max is one tough co-rider (all three laps). The #7157 (7s) ran strong all day with no flats. Thank you SNORE and NAPA for putting on such a great race. The area is beautiful the weather was perfect. Hanging in the desert with old and new friends along with family is beyond mere words.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Desert-Dirt-Dog-Racing/177980618889202

p.s. The free photo disk was very nice.

oldman dirt

Reaction
so was the guy that knerfed you dq,ed or was it just one particular 1600 car
My hit was from a 1400 (1461) not a sixteen car and he dnf'd . I didn't go file a protest, I will handle it in other ways......
It was a blatant uncalled for hit, as he hit the siren then followed me off to the right and got into my side cage. Rear cage held up fine it was the bumper getting into the engine compartment from the side that did all the damage. It happened in the foothills where there really wasnt a place to pull over but I did and tore through several greasewoods to do so. We were clear of most of the dust by then and he could see. All I saw was a bumper in my mirror then a huge number on the door as he drove over my nerf bar !

bonehead1

Reaction
Great post Jim.

We would also like to thank the Freeman crew. We are competing neck and neck with them for the class 12 championship, they are helping SNORE with the race, and they still worked with us and helped us win class 12, and place second in class 10. They changed tires for us, welded 2 broken rear arms on the 10 car, and were there for us even though their day in 12 was not going good. This is what is great about desert racing.
Congrats to Mr Ried and Mr Folts on the win in class 12 and also on the great finish for Shelby in the class 10, sorry I couldnt make it out to the race, with Carrie still having the jeep in vegas and a bad alt. on the truck it just wasn't ment to be.

DoitforBMoore

Reaction
Anyone have pictures We didnt make it to the awards to pick up picture cd... 1421 ?

slaterracing

Reaction
Yes pictures and video!!! I saw alot of spectators with cameras and video cameras lets see it!

x9racer

Reaction
At the awards they said that they would mail out the disks to the ones that didn't make the awards

Hawkeye

Reaction
This was our first time racing in Ridgecrest. Awesome weather, terrain and camping area. It's nice and close to town for tech and getting supplies as well. I wish there were a lot more races in Ridgecrest. Too bad SNORE isn't coming back next Spring or Fall when the weather is nice. MORE needs to run a race out there.

Fourstroker

Reaction
This was our first time racing in Ridgecrest. Awesome weather, terrain and camping area. It's nice and close to town for tech and getting supplies as well. I wish there were a lot more races in Ridgecrest. Too bad SNORE isn't coming back next Spring or Fall when the weather is nice. MORE needs to run a race out there.
I agree it is a great place to run. Bummed we could not get our car together. MORE ran there one time but the car count was low and Jim did not go back.