Snowbird shortcourse

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Well, me, yotatech and NOODLE went down to El Cajon Speedway today to check out this shortcourse action we have heard so much about. When we got there I had my doubts of how it was going to be with the small ( smaller than I expected, I have never been to El Cajon Seedway before) size of the track, plus I am much more of a desert guy anyway. But I have to say, we had an awesome time! They had many classes including a prerunner class and a 7 open desert class. Also a few prolites too, and everything put on an awesome show. They raced the prolites and 7's together, and I would have to say that was the best class of the whole day, alot of flips and broken wheels and fires and everything. The other best class was the prerunner class which for me made the trip down ( from Hemet) totally worth while in itself. There was one Chevy that kicked everybodies ass in prerunner class which I think was full-tube chassis, or atleast it was full-tube from the cab back. Also there was a short course truggy there with 900hp that hauled ass, but he was the only one in his class, oh well, it was still really cool. Also guess who we saw racing the tuff truck competition at the end of the day? Our very own beamdream-Craig. Your truck did awesome out there Craig! You got the fastest time didn't you? I suggest everybody go and check it out sometime, Snowbird Racing at El Cajon Speedway, I believe the next race is on the 23rd of this month.

Here is a pic of the Chevy that won prerunner class:

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya I forgot all about it this weekend. I was down that way Saturday but totally forgot.....i'll be checking it out next time and get video for everyone....I heard you have to buy a pit pass to be able to bring in a video camera though??

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

beamdream

Reaction
Thanks alot Elcaprerunner!!! Saturday and today was such a great time. everyone that was there was super friendly and respectable. The course was fun yet I still dont understand why they didnt let us run the entire track. You should have came by to say what up man. I havent met you yet. I was pitting with the McNeils. They gave out trophys and prize money afterwards. I took first, that linked white ranger took 2nd and the McNeil 7s took third. Actually all three winners were McNeil built trucks! It was good times though. Well worth the money. The next event is March 22nd. Hope to meet more people then!

C-$

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I am not sure, I haven't got the chance to get my video camara cleaned out yet so I didn't bring it, just my still camara. That might be true, and if it is that kinda sucks because a pit pass is $15 ( admission was $12), that is really the only complaint I had about the whole thing was that a pit pass was kind of expensive I thought, but oh well it was a great day. If somebody can host pics for me I will have pictures up Tuesday.

H.O.R.E.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Yeah Craig, we didn't go in the pits cause of cost, but you kicked ass. I am kicking myself because I only brought one roll of film for the day, and I hope I got a pic of you, but I am not sure. Yeah you guys should have run the whole course, it would have been cool to see everyone do that little double they had setup. But it inspired us to go jump NOODLE's truck when we got home, so next race look for a red old style 4WD Sanoma racing tuff truck, got some competition for you now Craig! ;-)

H.O.R.E.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
How did your truck work? Any "weak links?" Looks killer! Congrats on winning!

A pit pass is only 3 more dollars, thats not that bad.

See ya in the dirt!

beamdream

Reaction
The rear shocks were valved on Friday night and the air bumps were added. So we didnt get a chance to test. But they turned out to work just fine. Actually better than expected. The only weak link was the first night I ran outta gas before I started my first run. They had to push me to level ground in order for me to pickup fuel from my cell!!! That sucked, was kinda embarrasing. At least I posted the fast time! Im telling you, every competitor there was so fun to be with. A great group of people!

C-$

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
You know that you have put every last penny into your truck when you run out of gas at the start line! :)

See ya in the dirt!

beamdream

Reaction
Damnit you are sooooo right!! HAHAHAH!!! I thought the damn thing was full so I reached into the cell and saw that I was outta gas! I seriousely wanted to shoot myself at the starting line. Ah well, that stuff happens!!

C-$

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
That sounds like my problem right now....outta gas and $$$ lol..

Craig how much was it to enter the tuff trucks? How much did you win? And do they have that every race?

Do you have to pay $12 for admin and then another $15 for pit pass??

Go Big Or Go Home

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Yeah, on top of the $12 admission it was another $15 to get in the pits.

H.O.R.E.

SDranger

Reaction
I went down there on saturday too, it was really fun. too bad i didnt take my camera to get mullet shots, but i got lots of good style notes for next time ( pink scott moto goggles are on my to buy list) lol. The racing was good, the fullsize prerunner class was dope, but nothin beats the tuff trucks. The wheel coming of the "santee" prerunner and the "tuff car" had the crowd going off.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
RE: too bad i didnt take my camera to get mullet shots:

Rookie!

Some of the best Mullet hunting is in East County!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
There was a 2min little part on the KUSI News Tonight at 10PM about the racing down there....they had one of their people riding in the snowbird truck and they had like 2min of coverage of the event and told all about it and when its going on next and stuff....kinda cool!

Go Big Or Go Home

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Here is pics of all the trucks in the "Pre-runner" class in the race at El Cajon Speedway.

Attachments