So are there 2008 CORR champs?

gmmvp42

Whom ever was in 1st 3 months ago is the champ right? Now is the ? do the winners get anything to make it official? Just curious, something needs to be done to make a horrendous ending have something positive to start the new year, WE (RACERS/FANS/SPONSORS) NEED SOME POSITIVE JUJU.....

nimrod

KOOK!
Last I heard one of the drivers with the most wins this year had not collected a check for winning since........Well it's been a while.....I think most of the guys would just be happy to collect their winnings.........

jetboat

Congrats to Mike Johnson Pro2 #31 and the hole Pflueger Racing Team for Rookie of the year and the only driver to finish every lap of every race.

ultrablew

Question.....How valuable is a championship for a series that didn't end? I think the only one that is "locked up" is Brian Freeman. But what is the real value in it?

jetboat

Do not take anything away from the drivers they all raced hard every race and put on a great show and that means something

ultrablew

Yes, I'm sorry, I am not trying to take anything away from the drivers at all. Just saying, on a drivers resume. In all reality when the points chase is as close as it is......I feel like there is definetly unfinished business. Especially in Pro-4. Roll a dice? There's just really no finality to it because there are A LOT of great drivers. I am a Rob Mac fan all the way for CORR! Congrats, but.........Like Nimrod said....and It's a living and it's how they make an income. Like JJ puts it- Pay Up Sucka

ultrablew

Nobody is forgot or unappreciated in my eyes.....Even the trophy kart crews! All the teams are worthy of a championship. Every team was out there to do their best and be successful. This is an unfortunate end to a very exciting series.

AllenBrotherRacing

Hey we should take all the drivers down to k1 and have them battle it out for the championship, just trying to make some light for this very dark day. Let hear the engine roar again!!!!

stokessdca

well rather then waiting for another three months for a announcement from
corr about the final season standings and what they mean. let us try to
figure this out.

pro 4
if carl renezender and rick huseman were tied for first in points at 1108 each.
it is my understanding that sense carl had more wins overall for the season
that he would be the overall pro 4 winner. which would make the standings

1 - carl renezeder 1108 points, 2 - rick huseman 1108 points, 3 - scott
douglas 1078 points

with 4 more races left in the season we were certainly in store for some
more good racing at the end of the season. especially with kyle leduc's good
performance at the last chula vista race. and with johnny starting to make
some progress. i think that there would have been some epic battles at those
remaining races and i will be wondering about what the out come might have been
for quite some time to come.

pro 2

1 - rob macachren 1145 points, 2 - carl renezeder 1096 points, 3 - todd le duc
1050 points

no surprises here but there again this class had so much talent driving in it. it
is a list of the whos who in racing which was one of the coolest things about
going to a corr race in the first place. rob was building a big points lead but
with jerry, ricky, jeremy chasing the field and with some mech, problems for
a points leader and anything could have happened. i was hoping that carl could
stay close enough to rob in the points to but on a good season final. and third
was up for grabs.

well if the standings stand congratulations to all the winners, their teams and
their families. i am hopefull that some of you can take something away from
this season after all the risk and hard work that you have put into it. it is a
shame to have it end this way. but you will have to admit that this has been
some of the most insane racing to have ever taken place. and it has been a
blast to be part of it.

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Lets not forget Pro-Lite and how close they are in points. Any of these four could have won the points battle.

1Marty Hart 1078
2Jeff Kincaid 1055
3Rodrigo Ampudia 1040
4Robert Naughton 1031

AZracefan

Im sure our current points leaders will walk away with the title. Though in some classes there are 3 or 4 drivers that could be champ. Which really sucks, but what else can CORR really do???

This is what I see:

PRO4
Both Huseman and Renezeder tied, but Renezeder has the most wins. Most likely Carl's gonna be champ. Was counting on Huseman all season though.

PRO2
Most wins and led the points ALL season no question about it, Rob MacCachren deserves the title in PRO2. I think the actual race was the final two in the podium. Renezeder and LeDuc battle for 2nd and Jerry and Ricky battling it out for 3rd.

PROLite
Closest battle all season. Hart has the points lead but Kincaid ain't too far behind with the most wins and only two points on Ampudia. Any of the three had good chances at the title. Too bad for Kincaid.

PROBuggy
BRYMAN FREEMAN hands down!!!!!!

AZracefan

Im sure our current points leaders will walk away with the title. Though in some classes there are 3 or 4 drivers that could be champ. Which really sucks, but what else can CORR really do???

This is what I see:

PRO4
Both Huseman and Renezeder tied, but Renezeder has the most wins. Most likely Carl's gonna be champ. Was counting on Huseman all season though.

PRO2
Most wins and led the points ALL season no question about it, Rob MacCachren deserves the title in PRO2. I think the actual race was the final two in the podium. Renezeder and LeDuc battle for 2nd and Jerry and Ricky battling it out for 3rd.

PROLite
Closest battle all season. Hart has the points lead but Kincaid ain't too far behind with the most wins and only two points on Ampudia. Any of the three had good chances at the title. Too bad for Kincaid.

PROBuggy
BRYMAN FREEMAN hands down!!!!!!
Single Buggy FREEMAN Hands down!!
Pro Buggy I think was the BEST battle all season long, George and MacCachren. I go for George in this class, but can't argue with the MAC!

CaptinCrash

Its going to be the Carl show in all classes even down to tk

stokessdca

Lets not forget Pro-Lite and how close they are in points. Any of these four could have won the points battle.

1Marty Hart 1078
2Jeff Kincaid 1055
3Rodrigo Ampudia 1040
4Robert Naughton 1031
thanks mary kay i did not mean to leave anyone out but it was real late
and ran out of steam. and i certianly met congratulations to all the racers,
teams, and their families.

pro lite

what a big field this class had i personally was hoping for a end of season
final with rob finishing on top. but there agian that is the problem with a
season ending the way it did. you have to wonder what would have happened.

pro buggy

1 - rob mac cachren 1136 points, greg george 1086 points, larry foddrill 1066 points

this class certianly put on some of the best racing of the season. with rob showing
everyone why he is one of the best racers ever. but with greg and larrys wins in
the last chula vista race it was clear that rob was not going to have this class
championship handed to him. i think that out of all the other classes the pro buggy
class could have gone to any of the points leaders. i do not think that it was i given
that rob would dominate this class thru the rest of the season. and there again i
think we missed out on a awesome season final.

i think that i have developed a love / hate relationship with corr i loved everything
about it and i hate the way they let this season end. with that said i hope that
there is a 2009 corr season. but i am not very optimistic at this point. wherever
these trucks and buggies run on the west coast i will be there and hopefully some
of the other ventures that are starting up will pan out and be successful.

gmmvp42

This reminds me of the baseball strike in the early nineties. The feeling of an empty, unfinished season that had really bitchen memories but ultimately will be remembered for its untimely demise. I can't say I understand what the racers/crew/sponsors feel, but if some brainstorming amongst the contenders led them to a final 2008 showdown, that would be epic! Glen Helen was mentioned, imagine a weekend with the original production (Baja Cup) along with the 1ST AND LAST ANNUAL CORR BAND-AID CUP, or something, anything that would give the racers a reason to put it down one more time in 2008. As a fan I think the audience would be fired up, RJ proved that. I have to believe the racers want another chance/1st chance to compete with their peers. I'm dreaming, but if there is a will there is a way right?

emersong

Yeah by the may my first ever double back to back pro-4 wins and guess what, no checks!! talk about a let down. But not being able to race and make my crazy run for a rookie pro-4 championship is even more tragic! I would love to have an all or nothing championship race for the true title because we aren't done battling this out. I will keep my eyes and ears open for an event where everyone can finish 2008 the way we all want to, RACING! see ya. Kyle

Steve_Naughton

Yeah by the may my first ever double back to back pro-4 wins and guess what, no checks!! talk about a let down. But not being able to race and make my crazy run for a rookie pro-4 championship is even more tragic! I would love to have an all or nothing championship race for the true title because we aren't done battling this out. I will keep my eyes and ears open for an event where everyone can finish 2008 the way we all want to, RACING! see ya. Kyle
Kyle,

It's time for you to start working on getting one of these... Your picture on the wall, in the boardroom, next to your dad, Jason Baldwin, Jack Flannery, Rob Mac and the rest of the heros of the sport.