So Cal Service/Utility Bed MFG

ErikIrvine

Reaction
I have two trucks with Royal beds and I hate talking to them/ordering things. Want to buy a bed for the new truck from a good quality service bed MFG, anyone like one comp. over the other? Thanks!

JLongo

Reaction
I didn’t have good luck with Royal either Eric, I’ve been buying from Harbor for the last 10 years or so. Been pretty good to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

calstyl2

Reaction
General Truck Body, they build a lot of good stuff for racers/teams.

SpyRacing

Reaction
My dad had a custom bed built by SKAUG came out really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

johnnyweb

Reaction
I have a Scheltzi on my truck it has been a good bed to me. There are from Bakersfield area.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Seriously - Give Dana a call at General Truck Body. He builds our service beds along with numerous other race teams. From stock to completely custom, they do it all.

He is part of the Concrete Motorsports Team and a long time racer.

Dana Pearce:
805-218-9787 Cell
323-276-1933 Office

they are located in Motebello and have a massive shop there. He is currently working on a new support trailer for my team along with several chase trucks for other race teams.

Dave

Attachments

Charlietuna

Reaction
Scelzi in Fresno (they have SoCal based sales reps too) or Pacific Truck Equipment in Whittier. Both do excellent work and both do custom well. Not cheap by any means though.

Old School 6-7-8

Reaction
A new kind of chase truck utility bed. ( I found this video on Facebook, I don't know who the manufacturer is though.)

Last edited:
Reaction
Did you all see the thread reporting all the issues with owning, or even operating, trucks sporting utility beds in California?

Probably should, LOTS of regulations like licensing, inspections, etc. and etc. :(

johndjmix

Reaction
Can someone post an off-Facebook link to it for those of us that have ditched the book of faces?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert