So Has Anyone Set Up Yet in TEXAS???

birdman

Just wondering who has made it to the track? I think Douglas should be there by now, how bout anyone else? Also anyone have any pics of whats going on there( Track, Who's there). Well hope everyone makes it!:D

Scott Rehn

My question is the crickets. Is the smell of dead crickets still incredably overwhelming in the grandstands. I didnt believe what it was when I asked the track manager about it, but he showed me one of the spots where they congrigate there and I was SHOCKED! It was underneath the grandstand elevator shaft. I'm talking MILLIONS,,, TRILLIONS of dead crickets! Had to be 3 or 4 feet deep,,,, aaaaaaaaaaand SMEEEEELLED horrible!! So I would guess the crickets are set up and ready to go! :eek:

Bridges

Senior Replay
My question is the crickets. Is the smell of dead crickets still incredably overwhelming in the grandstands. I didnt believe what it was when I asked the track manager about it, but he showed me one of the spots where they congrigate there and I was SHOCKED! It was underneath the grandstand elevator shaft. I'm talking MILLIONS,,, TRILLIONS of dead crickets! Had to be 3 or 4 feet deep,,,, aaaaaaaaaaand SMEEEEELLED horrible!! So I would guess the crickets are set up and ready to go! :eek:
Scott you're "freakin" me out... CRICKETS...??? :eek:Now I just gotta go check this out...

Pit are abuzz with grinding, grooving, decal-ing, setting up tarps, cables, camps, pits, the norm. The usual suspects are all back together smiling and ready for business.
Tons of locals stopping bye to volunteer their bodies, equipment whatever they can. They're just happy as clams the "show" is back in town. And they are friendly as hell! Inviting us to their homes for dinner and such... Gotta love Texans!

Off to Red Bull Fete now... This facility is AWESOME! This is motorsports on a silver platter...

kennyg

just looked at twitter, and torcmedia has some pics of the track at texas if anybody wants them sign up for twitter and add torcmedia.

racechick

Way to go! Now you got me singing that song I hated so much about 20 years or so ago. What/where is luchenbach... a tourist stop? real town?

Um luchenbach is nothing more then 1 bar..... if i remember correctly it was flooded out a few years ago, and there was talk of moving the town.... At one point the town had a 4sale sign on it.

Disclaimer... i lived in Austin for 9 years