so I have the front

toyotaguy

Reaction
well actually I have just narrowed it down to the camburg kit with air bumps.

few questions though????\
which company has good prices on fiberglass fenders?
what should I do to the rear if I like to drive fast and hit the whoops at a good rate of speed? who can do this for me at a good price?
With the camburg kit can I run a different coilover like say some kings instead of the SAWs or are the SAWs just as good?
Thanks for the input. I want it done right the first time if you know what I mean

looking for info on quality tacoma long travel.....any ideas?

Brian Mapes

Reaction
you can put in some 62" deaver long travel leaf springs, custom shackles, and a bed cage or a full roll cage. Just about all fab shops can do the bed cage and leaf install, but if you get a cage get it done right.Yea you can run kings instead of race runners. They are all pretty much the same. just personal preference really. They all have low middle and top of the line stuff that is equal to each other, pretty much. and check out glassworksunlimited.com for glass or kartek.com they have some taco glass too.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

cleartoy

Reaction
Baja has good prices, give em a call.

You need work done or just buy parts?

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Most places sell fiberglass for pretty much the same price, so just shop around.

You can run KINGs with the Camburg kit or TC kit but you HAVE to make a custom hoop. The reason is because the SAW are about 2-3" shorter and the kit is designed to use SAW. If you put in KING in the stock location you'll loose about 2" of compression and the shock bottoms out before it his any bumpstops. Not good for the shock or the performance of the kit. If you are buying the Camburg kit I would just stick with the SAW.

As far as the back go with either 62" Deavers or a 3/4 Link. Either one is gonna need a full bedcage and lots of money :) but 62" Deavers are the cheaper of the two. Also if you go with 62" Deavers invest in Bypass shocks.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

toyotaguy

Reaction
I would like to have things installed. Do you have a number for the baja shop? unless you know what you are doing and would like to help me learn what to do

curt

Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/>://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/</A> It's tough, we've been running the same glass except 1 fender for 4 years. The contact in the shortcourse races tear it up a bit, but it's nice and thick, easy to repair. If you jack it up enough or separate the pieces, Harold will put them back into a mold and repair them fairly cheaply. Curt

VORRA Class 7

krisshaw543@mac.com

Reaction
can any one tell me how to post my own questions. im new to this and i did the hello my name is thing but i cant figure out how to post my own question

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
well actually I have just narrowed it down to the camburg kit with air bumps.

few questions though????
which company has good prices on fiberglass fenders?
what should I do to the rear if I like to drive fast and hit the whoops at a good rate of speed? who can do this for me at a good price?
With the camburg kit can I run a different coilover like say some kings instead of the SAWs or are the SAWs just as good?
Thanks for the input. I want it done right the first time if you know what I mean

I got the older Camburg longtravel with SAWs on my 98 toyota and get kings. The "chrome" shafts started to rust within six months. They don't call 'em "Stay Aways" for nothing.

I got a Deaver pack in the back and it sits on 33" BFG A/T and it sits nice and level.

You can also tuck a 33" spare in the stock location if you want to. Just get a hack saw and cut the "stops" towards thr reat bumper.

C.L. Mike

Attachments

• DSCN1775.JPG
    DSCN1775.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN1776.JPG
    DSCN1776.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 153

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
fiberglass," sd truck shop" on miramar rd. san diego he was making fenders, one piece frontends, etc