So, is this a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon coleman

Reaction
does RGs helo flying low over me to give a 'heads up' at Parker going maaaaybe 80 count??

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
It's threads like these where I really, really, really miss Pistol Pete. The term "squid" would be thrown around quite a bit. And rightfully so. This isn't Redline's first squid move. I remember a disparaging post against the BLM not to long ago. The sport doesn't need people like this. We have a hard enough time surviving as it is.

cynicwanderer

Reaction
They likely thought you were a "nobody"..

See below story on the "helicopter parent" story of CORR..Jim Baldwin buying CORR (from Midwest) for his son Jason

[ according to Scott Steinberger ]

& moving it to West coast. WRECKED IT (folded in 2008)! Which started the whole short-course split in 2009 -- LOORRS & TORC. Both of them folded. Split continues today. COR & GAS (which you are co-founder)

Bill Church (Church Engineering) got into Offroad Racing, which got Jim Baldwin into it

"Bill Church got us into Offroad Racing"
-- Josh Baldwin

Bill Church rolls in with flat, next to 1-2/1600 racer. They change the tire, then Church blasts off. No respect or thanks

"He thought we were a bunch of PUNKS"
-- Tony

"Hey, Bill Church is a JERK!!"
"I'm going to PLAN something for him.."
-- Mo, Tony's team-mate

CORR (founded by media guy Marty xx) was doing GREAT in the midwest. Jim Baldwin bought CORR in early 2005, announced by Sal Fish at 2005 SCORE San Felipe 250 Awards. They did a "demo" in Chula Vista for 2 consecutive weekends..I covered it:

I was in touch with Brad Folck (CORR Director of Communications), & they were interested in using my Textamerica.com mobile-blogging ("moblog") style of LIVE coverage for 2006. Baldwin FIRED all of the Indianapolis/IN based CORR staff. Replaced them with his business-cronies, incl Pieroo Weymss (sp?). He got replaced by Ric Miller (poached from SCORE, he was hired by Sal to handle Technology). He left after 1 month..I guess he realized it was all nepotism. Cissy Baldwin (Josh's wife, a waitress who he met while at U of Oregon), ended up COO..!! $150K salary, boob job, etc. See RDC post for ANGRY former CORR staff who posted this

"We told you so!!!"
-- voice in background shouting

^^^ my phone call in Aug 2008 to Wide Open Baja Pro 2 team, after CORR Primm got cancelled.

"Steve Menzies (who started a Pro 2 team for Bryce, hired Rob Mac as team-mate) came in to pay off Jim Baldwin's debt (previous races unpaid), but Primm (owned by MGM, Bobby Baldwin principal at the time) REFUSED. They wanted to teach Jim Baldwin a lesson"
-- insider at Fox Shocks

I knew the Team Manager. They won the 2007 Pro 2 CORR championship with driver Jerry Welchel, but QUIT the series. They couldn't STAND Cissy Baldwin any more

I should note that Jim Baldwin was taking cruises to Alaska with his wife between races

He owed NBC 10 MILLION (?), other contractors (big screen TV)..got boned. Driver entries got jacked up, there was a near drive-revolt. See RDC commment by Steve Naughton (brother of Pro 2 dirver Rob Naughton, video guy)

There was a *strange* Newport Beach/CA (where Baldwin lives) based video-startup (video on demand, Internet video), which I assume was an attempted RIPOFF of my video-solutions (Blip.tv & iTunes video podcast). I was good friends with the Blip.tv co-founder (Mike Hudack), I had his personal cellphone #. We were talking about a something for CORR

^^^ You can get an idea of how rich people operate. Populate your operation with your relatives/cronies (see Trump for perfect example), lies/deceipt, & WRECK your startup!!

SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) & Lordstown Motors (EV pickup Scam)

After Jason died

[ private plane crash off Newport Beach/CA, flying back after Baja 1000. Rumors of some "goofing around" in cockpit ]

it was Princess Carl (Jason's brother-in-law) who got preferential treatment. See RDC, Johnny Greaves got boned

"Old Man Baldwin sent Carl (Class 1) to interfere with TT chasing Jason Baldwin"
-- RDC commenter, heard it over the radio

"Jim Baldwin was the BIGGEST bankruptcy in California history. They were hiding race trucks & stuff (in dug up holes), to avoid confiscation by authorities"
-- insider

^^^^ Riddle me this..Why wasn't all of the above forwarded to the (non-existent) powers-to-be, to BLACK-BALL Jim Baldwin?? Yeah, short-course racing would be THRIVING today

Snapshot:

Bill Church racing a TT (former Nelson&Nelson Chevy TT) at San Felipe. Can't find finish-line interview, it's on Youtube

Q: WHY are these trouble-makers allowed to run-around??

A: $$. Race orgs need entries..entry fees

"There are SCOUNDRELS out there!!"
-- Bob Bower

"Welcome to Motorsports -- Liars, Narcissists, & Cheats. And, those are the ones who WIN"
-- Indycar forums

It seems to to be the "unspoken dark secret" of Offroad Racing:

"bad behavior by rich scoundrels"

the DISORGANIZATION is killing it!!
unfortunately, this is how things tend to work in real life (even outside off road racing). most of us are "nobody"... I used to be involved in high tech (at the periphery) in the 80s and 90s and the same stuff happened then, i.e. these types of people would be buying companies, replacing everybody with their cronies and running them into the ground for write offs, etc... also, there may have been several suspicious "accidents" when people got in the way. like one time the president of a small innovative chip company I was involved with, was assassinated in Taiwan... of course, there was no proof or anything, but it was pretty obvious to see who had to gain the most from it.

Shaneredline

Reaction
Don’t worry guys, I messed up. I should have maintained the 500 foot room. I was very worried about being penalized the whole time while Jax was racing. So much so, I videoed 3 other teams below the 500 foot mark, 100-200, however I was ridiculously low, not cool.
I was definitely flying way to low and that’s unacceptable. We are new to this, and it won’t happen again. I apologize guys, that’s all
I can do.

Shaneredline

Reaction
I was standing in the BFG pit right by Mike's road waiting on my ride in 07 when the chopper flew into the power lines that cross Mike's road. We started one place behind the Class 1 car they were spotting for. They purposely made dust with the chopper several times to keep my teammate back. Seeing the people laid out on the ground in the wreckage as we came by was not a pretty sight!

Flying dangerously around spectators is not cool.

Shaneredline

Reaction
Airborne Richard cranium . Ok team redline make good apologies and quick .
I replied a few times already. Because I broke the 500 foot rule multiple times flying way way low. Not cool. I was worried enough about it that while Jax was racing the truck I made sure and not go anywhere below the 500 foot deck. I actually have seven videos of three other teams flying 100 and 200 feet off the ground that my copilot videoed while we were flying, because of course I wanted to make sure that If we got penalized the other teams did as well. I’ll talk to Jose G afterwards along with Roger Norman apologize. It won’t happen again. Again, my apologies to everyone.

Shaneredline

Reaction
Prerunning the first 40 on Friday afternoon. Just crossed Morelia Jct on Zoo in my Bronco. 55-60 mph cruising in the 'right' lane. Helicopter starts flying over us...no biggie someone prerunning will be coming along. I make sure to hold my line and stay right.

Heli starts getting alot more aggressive, on the deck, passenger starts flailing their arms for us to move.

After about 30 seconds of being floored that Im getting waved over by a heli, pre running, while Im doing 60 in a spot with 150 lines going the same direction, I pull over to slow down.

Only to have a meh pre runner go by me in the exact lane I was in at MAYBE 65-70.

Ive been fortunate to pre run with some of our sports legit legends. Never seen anyone act like that.

Is it a thing? Was I supposed to be so in awe of their superiority and obvious right to their personal route through the desert that I should have immediately left the course and genuflect on my way out?

If you cant pass a street legal Bronco on zoo road in a Trophy Truck. You might be in the wrong sport.

Turns out, I said almost the exact same words...to the same guy...in the drivers meeting at KOH.

I honestly dont care if it costs me this racers entry fees or anyone else that is offended that I called him out.

You shouldn't fly around like an idiot, especially if your name is on the side of your helicopter. Shane Redline
Your 100% Dave. Unacceptable on my part, I own it. It will not happen again. I had just got off the 22x bike, and was all fired up excited. Putting people’s life in danger is..., well there is no words for it. I have been flying 12+ years and 3000 hours. I know better. Again, I apologize to everyone ans own it. That’s all I can do. I’m sorry.

Shaneredline

Reaction
I was standing in the BFG pit right by Mike's road waiting on my ride in 07 when the chopper flew into the power lines that cross Mike's road. We started one place behind the Class 1 car they were spotting for. They purposely made dust with the chopper several times to keep my teammate back. Seeing the people laid out on the ground in the wreckage as we came by was not a pretty sight!

Flying dangerously around spectators is not cool.
Airborne Richard cranium . Ok team redline make good apologies and quick .
I replied a few times already. Because I broke the 500 foot rule multiple times flying way way low. Not cool. I was worried enough about it that while Jax was racing the truck I made sure and not go anywhere below the 500 foot deck. I actually have seven videos of three other teams flying 100 and 200 feet off the ground that my copilot videoed while we were flying, because of course I wanted to make sure that If we got penalized the other teams did as well. I’ll talk to Jose G afterwards along with Roger Norman apologize. It won’t happen again. Again, my apologies to everyone.

scracing

Reaction
My girlfriend comes to every race and she never fails to mention how this sport has so many people that have a falsely inflated egos. This seems to be a shining case of exactly that. Treat people with respect, because the one time you don’t the guys name might be Dave Cole or Roger Norman.
You hit the nail on the head. I have a cool truck I built and people always ask me "why didn't you get King 4.5 bypasses, Brembo brakes .........well dah $$$$. I also race 24 hours of Lemons and talk about nice helpful good people.

Shaneredline

Reaction
The redlines can afford millions of dollars to go race with , but can’t spare a public apology when one is needed . Shane show some backbone here , we are all guilty of having too much fun a time or two... but nothing is worse than some rich asshat who is to cool to apologize . You can buy trophy trucks , you can buy helicopters ....but you can’t buy respect , and when you try to run Dave cole of course prerunning, you loose respect
Guys, I just got on here as Bryan, Jax’s co driver told me about my dumbass getting hammered. I Fuked up. Simple, period. I can’t fix what is done, but I am truly sorry about pissing guys off, being unsafe, or putting anyone in danger. That was mot my plan. I started my day on the 22x bike as the first bike off the line, rushed to the airport, jumped in the air, and headed to the start. Jax texted and said “Dad what are you doing, you can’t fly below 500 feet. Your bike team is getting penalized.” I was like damn. Not cool, not ok. Damn Shane get your poop together. We maintained the 500 foot the rest of the day. I’ve been flying for 12 years 3000+ hours think I would know better. I let my adrenaline determine my flying. A video three other teams in the trophy truck class in the top 10 which I won’t identify here is that’s not cool, flying 100 to 200 feet above the ground all day. However I stayed above the 500 foot mark, anybody is welcome to ask our photographer who is pissed because I wouldn’t go below 500. I made sure and observe the ruling. Dave I have your cell phone number I’m about to give you a call in a text message apologizing. The last thing I want to do is piss any of you Veterans off or worse let my dumbass be a reflection on Jax. Again, I’m sorry guys, I mean it. If anybody wants to call and give me a Astrion here’s my number I’ll take it 8066839071.

43mod

Reaction
Redline its ok to check out of this thread now . The horse is dead and you will be a great asset to the sport from now on .
Def skip that convo w videos with Roger . Unless you like the smell of dead horse that is .

Shaneredline

Reaction
It's threads like these where I really, really, really miss Pistol Pete. The term "squid" would be thrown around quite a bit. And rightfully so. This isn't Redline's first squid move. I remember a disparaging post against the BLM not to long ago. The sport doesn't need people like this. We have a hard enough time surviving as it is.
Your right, I landed at the Parker 425, when Jax broke an axle. No one was around, I was 500-1000 feet away ans put no one in danger. But my dumbass/squid didn’t know you couldn’t land on BLM property. All I can do is apologize, and I’m truly sorry to piss anyone off, and more importantly put anyone in danger. It won’t happen again. I feel like a complete dumbass. I own it, and deserve the beatings. Keep them coming, I’ll continue to apologize, and mean it every time I say it. We are rookies, which is not an excuse for a 12+ year 3000 our pilot. I should know better. I will also make sure that I read the best in the desert and the score roebucks before I fly again. I’m truly sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.