So, is this a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Shane, I just saw your facebook feed and read some of your replies to people. Then I come here and see a different reply. Maybe you should apologize to some of the facebook people as well.
Being a pilot for 12 years and 3000 hours as you say, then say you dont know the rules restrictions, I dont buy it. As a pilot, you are required to file a flight plan, that includes your altitude among other things.
Saying "Its Baja, there are no rules" is what will get this sport banned, or at minimum, get all helos banned because of your antics.
Yes in this case one bonehead move affects us all.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
So when it affects your hobby, tacos and beer cures it.
But that doesent help when you fly for a living and it affects livelihood. The helo company I deal with for work is still feeling the effects of the Kobe crash. Lots of inspections and new rules.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
You can look it up yourself. I'm not going down that rabbit hole.
I dont follow him. It popped up in my feed I assume because of the Baja groups I belong to.
I hope he makes good on his promises.
I know one of the pilots who fly in Baja during the races. I also deal with a large company on a regular basis and have spent a lot of time in there helos flying around for work, bell 212, bell 412, bell jet rangers and long rangers.
I have flown in a R44 once. Seemed like a tinker toy compared to the other helos I've flown in.
Hell, I even got a front seat ride in a Cobra Helo when I was serving in the Navy.

MTPyle

Reaction
You do not have to file a flight plan. In fact flight plans are rarely used for flight like this. Not sure what you would say in the flight plan. Haha I plan to follow a truck in the desert. Hehe.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.