• Forum membership has its advantages....

so, this might be a really dumb question...

el chuy

was watching some super stadium trucks on the tv-lookity-box over the weekend, when i noticed the trucks all have fuel jugs bungeed in the cab. for the life of me, i cant think of any reason to do that. fuel? not when you can see a big ol fuel cell in the back of the truck.. driver cool suit? they only race 8 laps, if you cant deal with heat for a half hour its time to take up knitting.. pissbottle? again, if you cant hold it for a half hour (not to mention if you need 5 gallons.. haha).. any kind of fluid overflow? this seems like the most viable, but also the most absurd. doesnt make any sense why you would want hot or flammable or hot and flammable liquids inside the cockpit right next to the driver seat.. wouldnt it make way more sense to put a collection bottle on the other side of a firewall?

i just cant think of any reason for a janky setup like that. can someone in the know please enlighten me?

ltr450rider

Robby says they are the catch cans for the vent lines. Keeps all of the oils from getting on the asphalt tracks they use.

el chuy

like i said, makes sense. but why would you locate a jug of hot flammable stuff inside the cockpit? theres plenty of room elsewhere.. i come from oval racing, and in that culture, we dont route anything like that through the drivers compartment.

jiggyjay09

Since most race cars aren't sealed cabin/cockpits having hot flammable stuff 2ft to your side or 2ft behind/in front of you probably doesn't change much outcome.