• Forum membership has its advantages....

So who would have been sent home / with the 40 qualify idea

Bdub 1020

Just for S and G's. Who would have been cut and not make the show by qualifying times if that idea was adopted. This is just for fun no wadded panties please. I have not seen qualifying results for TT or Class 1

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
I was thinking about this yesterday, funny (and great) you brought it up. I almost did, had I blown another turn... Lol Whew!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

J Prich

But wasn't PAB's assertion 40 TT's? If so, when you cut out the 1500s doesn't that sit right at about 40? Meaning the only people who wouldn't make the cut...are people who didn't qualify?

tapeworm

43 qualified, 40 finished.

Entries that didn't qualify:
14-Heidi Steele
15-Jim Beaver
29-Justin Summers
72-Rob Reinertson
82-Ulises Galvin
84-John Bowers
92-Kevin Kurtis

That would be 10 trucks not making the cut including the DNF's from qualifying.

Kolman

But wasn't PAB's assertion 40 TT's? If so, when you cut out the 1500s doesn't that sit right at about 40? Meaning the only people who wouldn't make the cut...are people who didn't qualify?
Looks like 26 cl1 so yes, basically if you finished the lap in a TT you were in.

JDDurfey

PAB's idea was 34 qualify on time. Then a couple of spots as "provisional" for those teams that qualify for that, but had bad luck on their run. And then a couple of spots for the promoter to pick and or the rest of the TT entries to pick.

I think it is a great idea, would make it much more interesting for us that watch from half way across the country.

PAB

40's rock!
I think it was 1- 35 as timed
36/37/38 - BITD allowed spots for those in points that missed out
39 - Mad Media wildcard
40 - TT group vote

#54 Rob Johnson would have received the 35th and final timed spot.

That would have left 8 trucks hoping for 5 non-timed spots as listed above.

The 6-8 that didn't come to qualify would be out but who knows if they were racing.

So the talk would be, who would get the 5 spots? Dondell and Graff seem like no brainers to get a BITD spot since they are in the points and race every race. I don't know all the others but that leaves 3 spots for 6 trucks.

3 that tried to make the field would go home under the idea that I floated. IF all the trucks had showed then there would be over 10 not making the field.

Andre

I think it was 1- 35 as timed
36/37/38 - BITD allowed spots for those in points that missed out
39 - Mad Media wildcard
40 - TT group vote

#54 Rob Johnson would have received the 35th and final timed spot.

That would have left 8 trucks hoping for 5 non-timed spots as listed above.

The 6-8 that didn't come to qualify would be out but who knows if they were racing.

So the talk would be, who would get the 5 spots? Dondell and Graff seem like no brainers to get a BITD spot since they are in the points and race every race. I don't know all the others but that leaves 3 spots for 6 trucks.

3 that tried to make the field would go home under the idea that I floated. IF all the trucks had showed then there would be over 10 not making the field.

Nicely explained by Mr. Steele (as usual).

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN
How pissed would all of these teams be after the money spent?

vegasloki

If they can't make the feature class if there were quals and cuts they either need to up their game or go down a level or two where they can be more competitive. That's how it works in big time racing. The only race that's going to happen is this one and I don't see them turning TTs away. If you are concerned about running you better enter right when pre reg opens before some golf cart buys your spot... ;):)