• Forum membership has its advantages....

SoCal Chassis Dynos?

jeff

I need to get my Bronco on a chassis dyno... anyone have a recommendation that is in the Corona area? Someone that actually knows how to use a dyno to make more power - not just read the pretty numbers back to me? I know the distributor needs different springs, the timing isn't making as much power as it could and I bet the carb could probably use a massage. If you don't really have any experience with a shop or know someone who does, please don't post. I've got a list of dyno shops, I just need to find a good one. Anyone know if I'll have to take the 35's off for the pulls? I've never had anything with 35's on a dyno. Any other pre-dyno run tips?

Rodney

Jeff,
I've used Steve Doze down here in san diego a couple of times to tune our 10 car. His shop is in el cajon and his dyno should be able to handle your 35's. He is a good guy that will be straight forward with you. I know he is busy...you will have to set up an appointment well in advance. I know he tweaks
on computer programs, but I don't know if he will want to get involed with changing distributors etc.
This guy tunes for Fortin, Sourapas, Harrold, among others. His # is (619) 449-3835.

Winning IS everything

jeff

Thanks for the reply... I'd prefer to do the testing closer to home. Someone near Corona would be perfect. Westech sent me an e-mail update today stating that their chassis dyno will be up and running the middle of May... I've heard plenty of good things about Westech - anyone heard anything bad about them?

jeff

If my other "gig" doesn't work out that sounds perfect. What's the contact info? Also, any idea what his rates are?

Thanks for the help,

Jeff

Klaus

Administrator
Jeff,

I met Steve yesterday and after talking to him for a couple of minutes and seeing his operation I got a very good feeling about his operation.

He seems like the guy that goes the extra mile to make sure it works.