soda editing

17fan

Reaction
How do you edit the trucks in soda? I would like to change the color schemes, wheels, etc. I heard there was some software available to do this but have been unable to find it. Any help is appreciated.

gary

Reaction
it used to be available online, but i cant find it/dont have it anymore...not too many active soda sites these days. if anyone here has it, that's your best bet...

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
I have the program to hack the trucks up and change colors and such................................

If someone out there could spare some web room, I'd be willing to send them the file so they can host it and it would be available for download.

00TRDTaco

Reaction
I've got the editor as well. Also have around 800 tracks. I got the disk from a guy that ran a SODA site a long time ago. I never thought of this before, but what about throwing it up on kazaa or something for you guys to download. Think that would work? Now that I've got cable, I'd be willing to leave my computer on during the day for someone to get all the tracks and stuff. The whole disk is 632 MBs, but there is some stuff that you really don't need on there, like pictures and descriptions of the tracks.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I'm down for that. Just as long as I can get the tracks to work. Gary sent me one but I can't figure out how to get it to work. ( see "i know this doesnt have much to do with vorra" thread, I'm having troubles.....).

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

00TRDTaco

Reaction
I'm pretty sure as long as you have the editor, you should be able to get the tracks to work. I haven't messed with my game for quite a while now, but I think all you have to do is go into the editor and click on the track file that you want to put in there. I'll see what I can do tomorrow night, and let you guys know.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I got an idea today... I don't know how many people have been on the Rialto Off-Road Raceway and are also regular everyday SODA players. But I was thinking if anyone has, could they make a track on SODA to represent ROR? That would be bitchen. I don't know how long the actual course is but if it isn't that big ( on the game, the course is fine in real life
), so maybe if anyone can exagerate the track a bit ( make it bigger). I would do it but I don't know how to use the track designer. And if someone here is good at designing tracks but you don't know what Rialto looks like, come to the time trials race next weekend and check it out. I think it's a good idea, what does everybody else think? Is anybody up to the task of designing it? Please reply and tell us what you think.

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
I can't make the time trials, but if someone would draw out the track and snap a couple of pictures to give me an idea what the track layout is, I could more than likely make an accurate representation of the track.

gary

Reaction
i made a ROR track yesterday...i've never been around the track, so i'm not saying it's 100% realistic, but if anyone wants it, i can email it...

gary

Reaction
any chance of emailing the editor to change up the trucks? i've got a bunch of patches for them, but i cant get the editor to work...says its missing files...

gary

Reaction
i think i got a copy of it thru norcal f150, probably from you...says the soda ed file is missing files-so far, it wont open cuz it's missing soda.pal
can ya send that, and we'll see what's next?
thanks

billymanfroy

Reaction
Hey Bubba Ray,

Check this out. It is a real time GPS map of Prairie City that Curt and Patty geve me. They captured it with their data logger last race. Maybe someone could do the same at Rialto... Don't know the detials on their system, but he's mentinoned it on RDC before.

Prairie City Track Map

Billy.

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
I'll take a look for it when I get a chance. I was thinking about it the other day and I got to thinking that maybe since I had made some changes, like with adding the patches and changing up the trucks, maybe that corrupted it someway and maybe if I reset the system, then it would work.

Hey Billy, thanks for the pic. Yeah, hopefully someone can pull that off for Rialto.