sohc thermo housing

osborne

Reaction
What are you guys using to replace the plastic thermostat housing on sohc engines?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Get in touch with Juan at FiberWerx, he has a couple of options for replacing the plastic housing.

(619) 843-9819

Personally, I've used the plastic housing on our race engines without any problems. Did yours break?

Wahl_7s

Reaction
Eliminate it! You can take the whole assy. off and make your own. thats what we did on our truck. but if you need the temp sensor as well as the temp sender you need to make that provision in the new return neck. if you don't need the heater you can also change the water pump to 4.0 OHV to eliminate the bypass hose.

osborne

Reaction
I am using the ohv water pump, thats part of the prob. I cant seem to find a good way to plug the outlet on the thermo housing and i just dont trust plastic.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
I am using the ohv water pump, thats part of the prob. I cant seem to find a good way to plug the outlet on the thermo housing and i just dont trust plastic.
Is it a driver or a race truck or fun truck? If it's the last two take it off and make a new return neck.

osborne

Reaction
its a race truck. I dont see how to build one and still use the thermostat. any tips would be great. thanks.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
its a race truck. I dont see how to build one and still use the thermostat. any tips would be great. thanks.
I don't have a thermostat its not necessary. I just made a flange to bolt to the top of the block and bent a piece of 1 1/2 " tubing to return to the rad. It also makes it easier for a sending unit, I just drilled and tapped 1/8 NPT in the tubing. And you don't need the temp sensor.