• Forum membership has its advantages....

Solar Farms

Bro_Gill

A variance for what? To collect rain water? To let the sun shine on his home? Curious what the variance would be for? Do citizens need a variance to not have to purchase something they aren't going to use or install on their property? Exactly what would this variance be for?

JDDurfey

^^^have you been to Louisiana? If you must have a variance to put a trailer in the city limits there are probably a lot of people out of compliance with that.

JDDurfey

I work in the oil field. I have seen first hand how hard the oil companies work now days to prevent catastrophes and lower their impact. Yet a "Green" company can get away with so much more, it is sad.

Ryan_P

You claiming weather is man made?:confused:

Otherwise, I fail to see the point of your post.
You said dust limits efficiency, which is why we can't race around them. If there are clouds in the sky, the clouds limit efficiency. If it's windy, guess what, limits efficiency. Oh yeah, rain, yup, that too, limits efficiency.

You said dust limits efficiency, which is why we can't race around them. If there are clouds in the sky, the clouds limit efficiency. If it's windy, guess what, limits efficiency. Oh yeah, rain, yup, that too, limits efficiency.
Yes, but not directly man-caused, like wheels in dirt, at causing those inefficiencies.

AZ7000'

The clouds, wind, and rain go away. The dust needs to be cleaned off...

ACME

The best part is when the funds run out they can become superfund sites and the citizens can then ultimately burden the cost. Unless of course that is covered under some sort of Hillary care initiative...

Maybe a "Social Program" with window cleaners that receive state funds (welfare) or paid with loot taken from general fund/green sticker money?

If we do that, it's unfair to make them work. However on the upside, they could unionize and become a UAW type thing with window cleaners eventually making $120K and create a lobby against dust makers...

Maybe Donald can build a dust wall?

I know, back under my rock...

The wind and rain leave dust on the panels too. Better start a Gov't plan to stop wind and rain.
Point is: that's natural.

YOU, OTOH, and all your off road ilk, are unnatural, uncool, uncouth, and unacceptable.

BTW, coming to the pup fish fry this Friday?

Bro_Gill

Not invited, since I don't drink to the puking level, they said I was a party pooper and won't contribute to the fish count!

Bro_Gill

Reality is, Ryan, that these companies regularly wash their stuff. They have trucks to do it. Using us as the excuse is ridiculous to stopping recreation in the desert. It is simply that, the excuse.

Jangaard

A great watch if you have the time. Talks about Manoj Bhargava (founder of 5 Hour Energy) and his mission to making the world a better place. Maybe off topic for this solar debate, but still an interesting piece.

Thanks for posting. Enlightening!

johndjmix

Can someone explain what it means and why a home is "red taged"?

Here in Colorado tons and tons of homes have no grid connections at all and I've never heard of anyone getting any kind of a "tag"?

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

^^^ It's a county health violation notice, that prohibits occupancy.

"Condemned" is the old school terminology.

Failure to meet Health & Safety Codes in CA can result from a lot of issues from cockroaches to landslides.

Plumbing, septic, mold, the list goes on and on.

AZ7000'

The red tags in AZ I have seen have to do with not getting a permit and/or inspections. My friends deck was to high off the ground so needed permits and inspections. The project was red tagged, more of a stop work in some instances.