Solidworks Help

josh7674

Im new to solidworks but i can still make simple things but nothing crazy.I have been trying to make a full tube truck chassis but havent had much luck.Do i sketch the whole chassis out then extrude my sketch??? or is their another way to build a full tube chassis on solidworks????

One more question for some reason my solidworks program is constantly set mm,cm,etc i know how to set it back up for iches,feet,etc but when i open a new project it goes back to mm,cm,etc.How can i keep it on inches,feet,etc all the time without me having to always go back and change it???

jesusgatos

There have been some really good SW-related threads here over the years. A quick search will turn 'em up. also check out the tutorials/videos on youtube. As far as designing a tubular chassis goes, I'd suggest learning about 'weldments'. I think that's just about the best/easiest way to mode something like a tubular chassis. But first you need to start by creating a wireframe model of the chassis. You can do this with any combination of 2D & 3D sketches.

atomicjoe23

As far as getting it stay in IPS vs. CGS, I would recommend creating a template and working from the template.

partybarge_pilot

One more question for some reason my solidworks program is constantly set mm,cm,etc i know how to set it back up for iches,feet,etc but when i open a new project it goes back to mm,cm,etc.How can i keep it on inches,feet,etc all the time without me having to always go back and change it???
When you install SW it asks you for the default measurement system, Yours was obviously set to metric. I have had to change the default before but forget where it is.