Solo Motorsports built 1995 Bronco Pre-Runner rebuild

Ryan B

Reaction
That is the truck my dad has been building for the past 10ish years after he sold his class 8 truck in the late 90's when I was born. We got it running august of 2011 and plan to race class 14 hopefully in the next few years once all the bugs are worked out and a few more things are upgraded on the truck (better cam, buy bypasses, etc). Here is a bigger/better picture of the truck.
View attachment 126466

I saw this out at the Reno HDRA race. sweet prerunner

PWR MAD

Reaction
That is really sweet, I had a 65 I spent all my money on awhile ago, was done by R&R engineering when they were in Spring Valley. Thanks for posting a better picture, very cool.

65fordls2

Reaction
That is really sweet, I had a 65 I spent all my money on awhile ago, was done by R&R engineering when they were in Spring Valley. Thanks for posting a better picture, very cool.
Thanks! Also, just a little update. My dad and I have been preparing the 65 ford for the past couple of days. Just done little stuff on the bronco such as priming areas prone to rust and prepping the 4 link.

santacruzx

Reaction
The Bronco looks good, keep your dad away from distractions like skiiing or nights in the City and you might have something to drive this year. BTW, those radius arm mounts look like they need more gussetting.

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Reaction
Yeh, we are considering adding cross over steering, but we fear that it may take to long since I am getting my licence in about 4 months.
It cost me lots of money to go from 35"s to 37"s on my bronco so I would think hard before going backwards. I still had stockish steering too and mine turned fine so there might be a problem somewhere. I too was planning on cross over with ram untill I recently sold it. I would keep them and just deal with it till you can do steering.

Nice truck by the way, I would have killed for that at 16 insted of my dads old Honda Prelude.

baja619

Reaction
Is this going to be your daily driver?

If so I would recommend you make it very hard to steal. Plenty of ANTI THEFT deturants that can be done for cheap and easy.

Also You sound like a responsible kid. Take this as a compliment... That is a nice ride. Dont do anything irresponsible to mess it up.

No need to impress your buds or the girls by driving over your head or too fast on the street because it is already easy to impress with that ride.

65fordls2

Reaction
Is this going to be your daily driver?

If so I would recommend you make it very hard to steal. Plenty of ANTI THEFT deturants that can be done for cheap and easy.

Also You sound like a responsible kid. Take this as a compliment... That is a nice ride. Dont do anything irresponsible to mess it up.

No need to impress your buds or the girls by driving over your head or too fast on the street because it is already easy to impress with that ride.
Thanks for the compliment and I do plan to add several things to prevent theft. Regarding impressing people, I have seen alot of that at my high school and don't feel a need to. Some guy rolled his truck attempting to burn out around a corner near my school totally ruining his truck.

As for an update:
We have moved the truck out to our sideyard and covered it (sad moment) to work on the prerunner my dad and I will take to KOH. Over the weekend I detailed the bypasses that were removed off the bronco.

Before Picture:
IMG_0077.JPG

swu chase1

Reaction
the guys over at SOLO are very cool if you have questions about that bronco call them Bobby and Carl are great guys

Attachments

65fordls2

Reaction
the guys over at SOLO are very cool if you have questions about that bronco call them Bobby and Carl are great guys
They are pretty helpful. When we first got the bronco my dad called them up and asked them a few questions. Very nice too! Anyways, still been prepping the 65 for KOH. The hood and dash for the Bronco should arrive next week so I am very anxious for that. Until then I doubt I will have any major updates as I am helping my dad prep the 65 f100.

65fordls2

Reaction
King of the hammers turned out pretty awesome! Very fun. Anyways, my dad and I are hoping to start designing the 4 link soon. Anyone have any good tips/guides or anything to help out with this process? Anything will be helpful.

65fordls2

Reaction
Been doing some big work the past week on the bronco. Began taking measurements for the 4 link and tearing out the leaf springs, axel, etc.... Also the Fiberwerx hood and dash came in! They are both pretty sweet, can't wait for the finished product!
IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0121.JPG

BajaFand

Reaction
Everything about that Bronco is period correct, I don't think that Fiberwerx clip is a little too modern for it.

65fordls2

Reaction
Everything about that Bronco is period correct, I don't think that Fiberwerx clip is a little too modern for it.
Yeh, the from clip looks kinda overboard, but when it is on the front of the bronco it looks SWEET! Anyways, the rear deck of the bronco was cut out yesterday. We used a plasma cutter and it was like cutting butter.

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

BajaFand

Reaction
I apologize, I meant to say that the clip is in my opinion too modern for it. Everything else is looking good though. And I also apologize that my rear bumper is the reason you need new fiberglass, LOL. My truck is fine by the way.

65fordls2

Reaction
I apologize, I meant to say that the clip is in my opinion too modern for it. Everything else is looking good though. And I also apologize that my rear bumper is the reason you need new fiberglass, LOL. My truck is fine by the way.
I figured that's what you meant lol. It looks really good on the bronco in person, maybe I will get a picture tomorrow with it set on the front. Also, it's good to know your truck is fine by the way haha. It caused quite a damage from simply backing into it. How fast were you going? lol

PWR MAD

Reaction
Thanks! Also, just a little update. My dad and I have been preparing the 65 ford for the past couple of days. Just done little stuff on the bronco such as priming areas prone to rust and prepping the 4 link.
Nice, please keep posting pictures of the 65 too, reminds me of my "youth". Nice work on everything, good to see.

clarke1

Reaction
Post a pic of the front clip sitting on that thing! wow.. I saw it once and liked it how it was, and now its getting this treatment. looking forward to the build. Are you planning on keeping the frame rails and the tubework posted in the last pic? keep the pics flowin!

and that is a bad ass '65!

65fordls2

Reaction
Post a pic of the front clip sitting on that thing! wow.. I saw it once and liked it how it was, and now its getting this treatment. looking forward to the build. Are you planning on keeping the frame rails and the tubework posted in the last pic? keep the pics flowin!

and that is a bad ass '65!
Thanks for the comment about the 65. I will hopefully upload a picture tomorrow with the front clip. We plan to keep the same tubework except add what is necessary for the 4 link.

BajaFand

Reaction
Actually you have that backwards. I was stopped, and the Bronco "nudged" me. LOL