• Forum membership has its advantages....

Some Alesi Family Old School Photo's

LantanaTX

Great Photos Pete! It was fun following Mario around at Parker. I learned a lot about choosing lines that day.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
^^^ Photogs use to take photos right off the start, then rush to develop them, and return to sell 'em at finish or awards ceremony.

Retro Francis

Todd, I think the Courier was a truck that the Alesi' built themselves. If I remember correctly Mario Alesi was the first class steward. And helped to make the rules for class 7.

Peter Alesi Jr.

My son will be posting a lot more with time, I bought all the rights to my brothers and mines race photos and he has them all on a flash drive.

I remember very well, the first time I drove that truck. It was the first real race truck I ever drove and it was an amazing high coming from racing light air-cooled buggies to that Leon Patton fire breather. Not lifting between shifts took a minute to get used to...

I remember crossing the lake bed at Primm and getting blown sideways at over 115 by a huge dust devil...

It was hard to see it get "modernized" and lose that great look and and QE rear suspension.

Someone needs to restore it .

Peter Alesi Jr.

Norm Francis who Mario and I race for now just purchased the Budweiser class 1 and will be going through a complete re-vamp. Mario should be driving it hopefully by the Vegas to Reno run this year.

Bro_Gill

Norm got a steal of a deal. I walked up and asked about the car just as he was completing the deal. He is super stoked, and the car is in really good shape considering age.