• Forum membership has its advantages....

Some BIG Names Driving Golf Carts next W/end in Laughlin.

bobylax

Was checking out the entry list for the UTV World Championships, and found some notable names:
RJ Anderson
Shannon Campbell
Larry Roesler
Craig Scanlon (V.P. of Polaris)
Robby Gordon
and in the 989 car out of Texas, Hudson Hall !!!!!!!!!!!!

Also in the 955 car, Snake Livermash. with a name like that, you have to be fast!

JoeyD23

Also Rhys Millen.

Over 260 UTV's pre entered, lots more expected to register onsite.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Also Rhys Millen.

Over 260 UTV's pre entered, lots more expected to register onsite.
always impressed with the production class. Gets bigger every year. Nice to see pro class growing as well. My favorite will always be the kids. Can watch them all day.

Bdub 1020

Hey can we get an over 55 , totally stock class. Just saying haha. Im going to watch the kids. Gonna have a girl in the family racing in a couple years. I get to play Mr. H

ht racing

problem is when you run one like a purpose built race car you will break it. speed is not the problem but broken axles are a huge one.

Nessy

problem is when you run one like a purpose built race car you will break it. speed is not the problem but broken axles are a huge one.
IMO this problem could be drastically reduced simply by taking away a little bit of travel. They run big angles from the factory to squeeze 18 inches of wheel travel out of a 64 inch wide vehicle. This usually doesn't get addressed by bolting on an aftermarket suspension.

harleys dad

I have a 17 xp4 1000 and it impresses the hell out of me, I bolted on 17 2 seat turbo shocks adjusted the front springs down a inch and just pre ran Ridgcrest in it with 3 of us and hi dollar pre runners just got in the way. Got long arms going on it right now maybe well try a race in it sometime

Robin Hood

IMO this problem could be drastically reduced simply by taking away a little bit of travel. They run big angles from the factory to squeeze 18 inches of wheel travel out of a 64 inch wide vehicle. This usually doesn't get addressed by bolting on an aftermarket suspension.
Axles aren't really the problem. Its just the first place to start spending lots of money!!!

billy evans

Im curious to know more about the female rally racer from Italy Dynamic racing built a new car for. And is racing this weekend. Is she the real deal ?

Zambo

I bought my first UTV a couple months back and it is a blast. IMO though the worst thing the organizers and racers can do is let people get too far away from stock and still be legal for the stock production classes. If you make it so you have to spend 80k to even keep the lead pack in sight, the numbers will go down. Instead, keep them as stock as possible but with some reasonable amount of strengthening that doesn't break the bank. Make the manufacturers build better machines every year if they want to see their name on the podium.

billy evans

I bought my first UTV a couple months back and it is a blast. IMO though the worst thing the organizers and racers can do is let people get too far away from stock and still be legal for the stock production classes. If you make it so you have to spend 80k to even keep the lead pack in sight, the numbers will go down. Instead, keep them as stock as possible but with some reasonable amount of strengthening that doesn't break the bank. Make the manufacturers build better machines every year if they want to see their name on the podium.
I agree with everything you wrote and this is a common sense approach. But the lead pack is spending 100k and even more but the numbers keep growing. How is this explained ?

Zambo

I agree with everything you wrote and this is a common sense approach. But the lead pack is spending 100k and even more but the numbers keep growing. How is this explained ?
I don't have a crystal ball, but I think its just because its only been recently that people have been dumping that much coin into a UTV. I don't think all the folks who have won races have spent 100k on their machines. But if time goes on and people realize that they can dump 60k into a UTV and still not even sniff the finish line it'll have a pretty big effect. I'd hate to see that happen. And really, there is no reason to go down that road. What is the point of that? Class 8 died because people said to themselves if they have to spend TT money to win that class they might as well get a TT. If people have to spend class10 or even class1 money to win a UTV race why would they bother? Other than the few teams that get all that money from energy drinks and such of course.