• Forum membership has its advantages....

Some old Glen Helen video

TROPHYSEDAN

Bryan you need to put a video togather. The best of. There is nothing like having a pro 2 running down your neck or jumping over your 11 car at Glen Helen. Todd Whitman and the Tayler boys were way fast.

RacerX

Thanks for the video. Im going to send the link to Todd so he can watch it. Those were the good old days. Todd would always try and see how far he could jump off of animals leap.

Brice

Cali_F350_XLT said:
Blazersracing you are my new favorite member. All these old school videos are great, whatever you do, do not stop posting them haha.

-Markus-
the funny thing is that he has been here 3 more years than you have :)

blazersracing

I think that those races were from the 98 season and maybe early 99.
Matt, Yea I have lots of footage of the superlites. I just didnt put it on that clip. I can probably get about 15-20 minutes worth of the superlites. I will try to keep the kids busy so that I can edit some more videos for you guys. I am glad that everyone digs it. I have been waiting for years to get this stuff on the net. Thanks, Brian

getnasty

Nice video, and nice pictures. Thanks for posting and please keep them coming.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
2 questions;

1. Who was driving that black pro-2 that was hauling so much asss? Christ, he was flyin!

2. Was that little roughrider-painted pro lite Rob Mac's old mickeythompson truck that still makes appearances from time to time?

Big Hock said:
2 questions;

1. Who was driving that black pro-2 that was hauling so much asss? Christ, he was flyin!

2. Was that little roughrider-painted pro lite Rob Mac's old mickeythompson truck that still makes appearances from time to time?
1. Todd Wittman was driving the black truck.. he flies.. he needs to get a race car again.. BAD

2. Rick Huseman- he used to be real fast at Glen Helen back in the day.

RacerX

There were two rough rider paint schemes in that video. One was rick huesman's 7 truck, the other one with a v8 was Scott Conway. I believe his truck was a full tube chassis with a v8 and a ranger body. Does anyone remember when Scott Conway's throttle stuck open on the straight away and tagged the tree? Or when Jim McKinzie flipped Jason Taylor at the end of the straight away?

Matt don’t forget Todd has a race truck, just needs to put it together.

I have a ton of pictures and video from the glen Helen days. I just have no way of uploading from hi-8 video.

The first picture is of the flip. The second one is of Todd on the bicycle in buds creek. That picture is from DP1.

Attachments

Last edited:

TROPHYSEDAN

The second picture looks like it was from the 97 mud fest. Yes he hit that tree real hard. We raced there from 95-97 and watched alot in 98. Then it fadded away. You have any pics of the 11 car jumping off the big jumps. Red TROPHYSEDAN.

RacerX

Ill have to check my pictures. I was out there helping Todd and Peter Kay with the superlites. I think I have video of todd coming off animals leap and standing on it and filling your windshield with dirt.

That second pic of Todd is druing the Winter Series when it rained like crazy for those two days.