Some REALLY cool changes for Bonneville (ie BORE) race series...

spalind

Reaction
saw these changes to the classes and such posted...sounds REALLY cool...

After meeting with the 16 new Council members of Bore this is some of the decisions we have made.
1. We will be having a KOH / Rock Crawler class
2. We will be having a Budget class it will be an OEM Tuff Truck type class
3. The rules for these classes will be out soon
4. We will be following BITD's rule book for safety and class but adding 3 new classes to our book.
You can find BITD's rule book on their site. our rule book will be out soon.
5. Entry fee's will be lowered by not having a payback per class winner we will race for trophy's only
6. We are not going to change the name due to BLM permits but we will now be referred to as "Bonneville Racing" Not Bore.
7. Along with the cars and truck's we will be racing Bikes, Quad's and UTV's or side by side's at the events.
8. Starting in 2010 we will be using an electronic timing system for lap times. (transponder system)

These event's are going to be a whole new experience for Utah racers, there is lots of new stuff being planed that is not out for release yet but stay tuned. And yes the september 19th race is a go.

djblakely

Reaction
Dan, where was this posted?

btw- nice reporting on your blog. I love the way you get to the bottom of things.

spalind

Reaction
Dan, where was this posted?

btw- nice reporting on your blog. I love the way you get to the bottom of things.
Hey Dave...it was posted on your own darn website!!!! Get that ECU figured out yet?

djblakely

Reaction
Yeah, I checked there later after posting the question. I was at the BORE meeting. I don't reconize the person whom posted. It is his first post on my site, screen name only info offered. I knew everyone at the meeting and it was not one of them. My concern is even though these items were discussed. It was never decided upon to post it all at this point. We are just at the discussion stage, looking at these classes and other items for further discussion. I guess we will have to be clear at the next meeting on what may be posted. Regardless there are some good things coming for Bonneville Racing in the future.

BGRANT

Reaction
The KOH class seems a little odd. I am all for having a series where everybody has a class but there also needs to be a line drawn somewhere. I have only been to a couple of BORE races but the two I went to were very tight in some areas. The BORE race that I raced in had a rock crawler and it seemed very slow and awkward everytime we came up on it. It eventualy broke and was off to the side of the course. It just seems that most rock crawlers have a very wide wheel base and could pose a big problem on tighter courses. I am not hating on rock crawlers, I am just posing a question. I have also never been to a KOH race so I may be way off base.

Reaction
A rock racer is very different than a rock crawler. Check out some KOH video or watch 'em at this year's V2R.

Matt Stevens

Reaction
Dave I originally posted these items on a Utah 4x4 web site as things being discussed by us to get Utah racer feed back and input on how our racers felt about these issues for topic at the next meeting and they have been cut and pasted all over now but I am the culprit behind this scandal. the guys on the original forum I posted on know these items are all liquid and subject to change as we figure out what it is that is going to work best for our Utah racers. As for the RDC viewers Utah racing is no doubt about to get very exciting so Keep updated at www.boreracing.org and make plans to come out and race on Sept. 19th

QurtysLyn

Reaction
So, if BITD rules are going to be used, what happens to Class Nine? I am not familiar with BITD.

djblakely

Reaction
So, if BITD rules are going to be used, what happens to Class Nine? I am not familiar with BITD.
It won't change a thing. Rules are right in line with what you have. SNORE and BITD are trying to align their rules, so to say follow BITD rules means the industry standard.

Old School 8

Reaction
spalind; said:
6. We are not going to change the name due to BLM permits but we will now be referred to as "Bonneville Racing" Not Bore.

As a person reading this in Az, I was wondering if this "Bonneville Racing", has any Off Road racers anywhere near / or at the same time, where they have the Bonneville Salt Flats Speed Records ? It might be worth a trip from Az to see both.

Stone Crawler

Reaction
The KOH class seems a little odd. I am all for having a series where everybody has a class but there also needs to be a line drawn somewhere.

:D Better send a note to Casey.:cool:

Guess we will see how things turn out at the V2R race when 15 Ultra4 (KOH) cars come up from the rear.
Things have changed in the Rocksports world.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777973

Class 44 BITD could be interesting, but you could say I am biased.;)

Jeff Knoll
Hammerking Productions Inc.

djblakely

Reaction
As a person reading this in Az, I was wondering if this "Bonneville Racing", has any Off Road racers anywhere near / or at the same time, where they have the Bonneville Salt Flats Speed Records ? It might be worth a trip from Az to see both.
The town of Wendover is the town closest to the Salt flats. It is also the town that will host half of the races in this series. Until a new schedule is announced we can't say if will be close to Speed Week. I know in the past one of the races was close enough that Speed Week guys were in town the same time. Piles of salt under every vehicle in the parking lots at the casinios.

richard cretsinger

Reaction
i liked all the input that was discussed at the meeting the other night. one thing that is on my mind though is that we have alot of racers out of utah that race with us, like colorado, idaho, oregon,montana, south dakota, etc. i think to be fair we need to let them know that its not only utah racers going to these races. just my 2 cents. fireguys, simco, crazy indians, are just a few that have been racing there longer than most of us. it would be a mistake not to include them. i realize that most people already know this.

Matt Stevens

Reaction
It won't change a thing. Rules are right in line with what you have. SNORE and BITD are trying to align their rules, so to say follow BITD rules means the industry standard.
Thanks Dave, Industry standard is exactly the term I was looking for, Score or BITD. the CR rules or safety rules are the most important for the September race and they are almost parallel from any major sanctioning body. As far as classes I would like to see all of the main classes TT,1,3,5,7,8,9,10 ect. ect. and then add the most popular from the other orgs. like Snore's 1450, Score's 6 and throw in one or two of our own to suit our community like Ultra 4 and Bonneville's Bone Stock (the new budget class). Anyone else have anything interesting to add here as far as a cool class to be considered and why?

junbug

Reaction
what happens to the trucks that dont exactly fit class 8. but have raced for years with bore are they grandfatherd in ? :confused:

richard cretsinger

Reaction
Jason, i dont know where they will put you, im thinking that you would be grandfathered in but i cant say. i have the same problem, im not class 8 legal either but i am 1450 legal. whats monte thinking about the trophys only thing? i like it as long as the entry fees stay low.

junbug

Reaction
did not talk to him yet. I will see him today when we load the truck see you guys in fallon. should be alot of fun is this your first nite race

Marley Racing

Reaction
Don't forget me all the way back east in Boston!!!

Really looking forward to September.....

i liked all the input that was discussed at the meeting the other night. one thing that is on my mind though is that we have alot of racers out of utah that race with us, like colorado, idaho, oregon,montana, south dakota, etc. i think to be fair we need to let them know that its not only utah racers going to these races. just my 2 cents. fireguys, simco, crazy indians, are just a few that have been racing there longer than most of us. it would be a mistake not to include them. i realize that most people already know this.