Someone got there puchase on with my CARD!!

_deleted_

doesnt not
YUP! me and CW (formally known as "CG") were doing some online banking about an hour ago, and noticed that, with my card, or card number i should say.. someone got some Mc Donalds in LA and in gardena. which took the last 10 bucks out of my account. so i call the bank and they have fully taken care of me and every thing should go back to normal by tuesday. the guy im talking to at the bank tells me they tried calling me too let me know about some other purchases that were declined at a target in burbank and in inglewood.... what a suprise!! im a walmart guy myself, anyways. they tried one for 275 bucks and another for 175... so finally after the all disappointment, they headed to Mc D's for a little pick me up. poor guys. i guess for me being poor has its advantages.

all i use my card for is gas, and i only buy from the fastrip in mojave. so i suggest you guys use cash if your on your way too a race or calcity for the weekend... i guess the rumors were true. i only thought that it could happen if you walk inside and swipe your card. i only pay at the pump. the rumor is that the fastrips from rosamond thru tehachapi are the ones being hit by these scammers.. so watch your self and pay with cash.

charlie_brown

i just got a call yesterday from one of my cards. someone spent 5K at some sport university. i think it is a online betting place.

_deleted_

doesnt not
i just got a call yesterday from one of my cards. someone spent 5K at some sport university. i think it is a online betting place.
yeah?? i hope you won something haha... i guess my bank canceled my card on weds. and i didnt even know it, cuz i dont use it much. they tried calling me but i dont answer 1-800 numbers that call my house

RCJoslin

damn, Wellsfargo has been trying to contact me all week..... WTF I hope its not anything like this.

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
I had some charge $710.23 to a shoebox savings in Phoenix.......which is an on-line shoe store.......i called my bank and they are going to stop it and order me a new card..........what a bunch of loosers...

wishrcr

Being in the retail and mailorder business we've learned alot about this stuff. There is a software program that can be set up to download the information from your card when you swipe it at a store. They then reprogram a credit card with their name on it with your account info using the same equipment hotel room keys are programmed with. The only way to tell is by looking at the number on the card and then looking at the printed receipt. Every card that has been caught by our retail stores has been from Mexico, they set up a laptop in line with the credit card machine to download your info. Hope this info saves someone the hassle of getting ripped off.

_deleted_

doesnt not
Being in the retail and mailorder business we've learned alot about this stuff. There is a software program that can be set up to download the information from your card when you swipe it at a store. They then reprogram a credit card with their name on it with your account info using the same equipment hotel room keys are programmed with. The only way to tell is by looking at the number on the card and then looking at the printed receipt. Every card that has been caught by our retail stores has been from Mexico, they set up a laptop in line with the credit card machine to download your info. Hope this info saves someone the hassle of getting ripped off.

so the cashiers are in on this your saying?? i know about the mechines used for programing the magnetic stripe on the back of the card. a guy i new a long time ago who used to make fake ids had one so he could make the info (name address) pop up if the card is swiped by the cops

wishrcr

so the cashiers are in on this your saying?? i know about the mechines used for programing the magnetic stripe on the back of the card. a guy i new a long time ago who used to make fake ids had one so he could make the info (name address) pop up if the card is swiped by the cops
Well someone has to know about the laptop under the counter stealing your info. I think NBC or one of the major networks had a show about credit card criminals a year or so ago. Most people i know won't use a card in Mexico for this reason. We had a couple guys trying to buy sets of wheels with a reprogrammed card that we noticed was a fake.The bed of their truck was filled with bags from Guess,Abercrombie and other high end mall stores. We stalled them until the police got there but all they did was confiscate the one card they tried to use.

_deleted_

doesnt not
Well someone has to know about the laptop under the counter stealing your info. I think NBC or one of the major networks had a show about credit card criminals a year or so ago. Most people i know won't use a card in Mexico for this reason. We had a couple guys trying to buy sets of wheels with a reprogrammed card that we noticed was a fake.The bed of their truck was filled with bags from Guess,Abercrombie and other high end mall stores. We stalled them until the police got there but all they did was confiscate the one card they tried to use.

yeah?? how are they doing this from the gas pumps??

Vtr_Racing

My buddy got snagged at the Gas Station next to the airport in San Diego. We were dropping the rental car and filled up there. The one on the southeast corner next to I5.

hammer down racing

I got an email a while ago about the gas pump shenanigans. Supposedly if you hit the cancel button after your transaction the store employees can't get your info. I don't know if it works but I do it everytime I get gas and haven't had a problem yet.