• Forum membership has its advantages....

Someone should promote a new Tecate 500 Enduro

DRZ_Motorsports_119

I have heard the stories of the old Tecate 500 enduro, with today’s technologies, large market of racers in both US and Mexico someone should revive the Tecate 500 enduro race.............ummmmm PAB or Scotty Bloom would be great candidates or Mad Media.

TecateRay

The Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro will be December 3rd this year, just not in our historical 500 mile format. Land use issues, changing times, environmentalists, and lots of other issues make a 500 mile Enduro in Baja quite challenging. The Los Ancianos Tecate 500 Enduros did not use a lot of two track roads like the rallies and current off road races uses.

If you want to learn more about those old enduros check out the history section at www.losancianos.com.

BajaboundMoto

Sorry DRZ119, but that's one of the wackiest comments I've read in quite some time.
The Los Ancianos MC created the Tecate Enduro many decades ago, they're the ones who's built ~99% of all the trails in the Sierra Juarez, they're the ones who've created and maintained good relations with the locals in the area, they'd need to be the ones to make it happen, they're the only who could make it happen..
The other 3 mentioned have never made a trail in the area, or dealt with the local ranchers or local politicians. Why would they be "great candidates"? Because they are active on social media? Makes zero sense IMO.
Actually, if the Los Ancianos wanted to see it happen and needed more help I'd say that the Tractor club or CODE would be the right go-to.
Fact is though to do a multi-day long enduro would be so extremely difficult these days. Too many land owners, fences, land use studies, permits, hoops, etc..
And IF the Los Ancianos said they would make a 2-day enduro like the old days they probably wouldn't get many entries because their events were so gnarly that very few finished and these days too many riders want to talk and type about gnarly events rather than actually compete (see King Of Motos). Los Ancianos had to start making things easier to keep entries even with 1 day events.
It's unfortunate but there really isn't the "large market" you think there is.
You want as close to possible of a Tecate 500? Join the fun on December 3 for the Los Ancianos most recent incarnation of their iconic event.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Sorry DRZ119, but that's one of the wackiest comments I've read in quite some time.
The Los Ancianos MC created the Tecate Enduro many decades ago, they're the ones who's built ~99% of all the trails in the Sierra Juarez, they're the ones who've created and maintained good relations with the locals in the area, they'd need to be the ones to make it happen, they're the only who could make it happen..
The other 3 mentioned have never made a trail in the area, or dealt with the local ranchers or local politicians. Why would they be "great candidates"? Because they are active on social media? Makes zero sense IMO.
Actually, if the Los Ancianos wanted to see it happen and needed more help I'd say that the Tractor club or CODE would be the right go-to.
Fact is though to do a multi-day long enduro would be so extremely difficult these days. Too many land owners, fences, land use studies, permits, hoops, etc..
And IF the Los Ancianos said they would make a 2-day enduro like the old days they probably wouldn't get many entries because their events were so gnarly that very few finished and these days too many riders want to talk and type about gnarly events rather than actually compete (see King Of Motos). Los Ancianos had to start making things easier to keep entries even with 1 day events.
It's unfortunate but there really isn't the "large market" you think there is.
You want as close to possible of a Tecate 500? Join the fun on December 3 for the Los Ancianos most recent incarnation of their iconic event.
Thanks Tim for a little history lesson, I never did imagine that the race was to extreme. I did look at the Ancianos web page a lot of history for sure, best of luck in December 3rd if for some reason I don’t race the CODE RR275 Mxli-SF I will go and watch the Enduro race.