someone tried stealing my shocks!!!

CVP PRERUNNERS

Reaction
Ok,I'm sitting here on DR on my laptop and it's about 1:30. My dogs keep barking and going nuts (which they always do) so I thought nothing of it. I closed my laptop and was about to go to sleep but I forgot where my I left my phone. As I'm walking through the side of our house I hear what sounded like a rachet or some kind of tool,and then I hear a very familar sound. Nothing like end wrenches hitting a peice of tube. We all know the sound.... As I'm running and yelling out the side of my yard I c two douch bags jumping off the back of my truck!!!

I tried running after them but I was bare foot and my gate was lcked so I have to unlock the gate and try and catch them! Their lucky I didn't!
I've done my part and payed the price fir it. I learned my lesson. I guess I can't say much as I believe In carma. I'll get pictures first thing in the morning. My resi on one side was hanging and the top bolt for my shock was unbolted and almost out.

I know I should have them double nutted or tacked but just really didn't think of it.

My question about all this is,what can I do to make my rear and front shocks theft resistent? I know there was a thread about it but it's 2:05 in the moring and I've been dealing with the cops and filed a report. Someone help me out here?

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Man that sucks! I don't know how to keep your shocks locked, but I can recommend a shotgun with rock salt!

sgtlopez79

Reaction
Maybe, but I think it's worth it to convince them to take their business elsewhere.
Are you serious? I wouldnt risk jail time and **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**ing up your life and criminal record for some shocks. I wish it was that easy but Cali sucks when it comes to gun laws.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Are you serious? I wouldnt risk jail time and **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**ing up your life and criminal record for some shocks. I wish it was that easy but Cali sucks when it comes to gun laws.
Damn brother relax, I didn't hand you a loaded gun and tell you to do it. Have you ever been robbed by anybody with a gun? I have, and I won't be caught without some kind of defense again, that's all. Besides, I didn't say you gotta pull the trigger. Usually the sound of a round being chambered is enough to scare them away.

But anyways, this is getting off topic, back to the locks. I don't know if they can be made to work, or if there's something similar, but KC makes locking nuts for their lights: http://www.kchilites.com/store/Lite-Locks-7221-P638C132.aspx

Those breakaway nuts are pretty cool by the way glamisrnr.

Last edited:

Brock_Beeson

Reaction
left hand thread, 12 point bolts, or weld a piece of tubing with an ID slightly larger than the socket needed and weld it around the nut.. most thieves just use wrenches and pliars

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I had Allen bolts on the Barge's rear shocks that were way to long to get the shank all the way through the tabs. Seems the dirtbags that tried lifting them didn't have an Allen wrench set with them but they tried! They got one top lock off and another loose before they gave up. I always wondered how long they fought that rusty bolt/top lock with a pair of pliers and a wrench........ I never did get around to shortening them after that......

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Thats assault brotha
Thats why you shoot them with real bullets and as the cops are coming get a knife from inside and put it in their hands, their problem solved:D

la2baja

Familia
Reaction
Thats assault brotha

Nope.

That is protecting yourself and possesions on private property. 12ga. loaded with rock salt and make sure you hit them while still on your property. Just don't shoot them in the face.
While they are getting rock salt slowly and painfully pulled out of their arse in the ER the doctors and cops will be laughing their arses off and they surely will want to pay for their own shocks from now on.

Here is your line to the cops when they show up.

" I heard a couple of intruders and was affraid for my life. I entered the garage and they charged me with wrenches in hand so I fired.."

Thieves deserve no mercy!

KrAzY-Baja

Reaction
:D so where the shot is you put rock salt in????? damn who ever came up with that lol

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
Damn brother relax, I didn't hand you a loaded gun and tell you to do it. Have you ever been robbed by anybody with a gun? I have, and I won't be caught without some kind of defense again, that's all. Besides, I didn't say you gotta pull the trigger. Usually the sound of a round being chambered is enough to scare them away.
Totally. If theives hear that and see someone standing there with a shotgun, they're gonna lose interest in the shocks/lights/whatever it was they were trying to steal.

scary fast hummer

Reaction
Well, the nuts on my shock bolts are 1 7/16's, with red loctite and torqued to 300ft/lbs. I think if they can get them off, they probably deserve them. My homeowner's insurance will cover the loss. If I whipped out one of my 12 bores here, I would go to jail for a very, very long time even if you don't fire it. Just pulling it out would be an offence.

57Racer

Reaction
Nope.

That is protecting yourself and possesions on private property. 12ga. loaded with rock salt and make sure you hit them while still on your property. Just don't shoot them in the face.
While they are getting rock salt slowly and painfully pulled out of their arse in the ER the doctors and cops will be laughing their arses off and they surely will want to pay for their own shocks from now on.

Here is your line to the cops when they show up.

" I heard a couple of intruders and was affraid for my life. I entered the garage and they charged me with wrenches in hand so I fired.."

Thieves deserve no mercy!
And then the bastards sue... I am always reminded of the case in California where the burglar falls through a kitchen skylight onto a knife, survives, and sues the lady who owns the house and wins. Gotta love California...

charlie_brown

Reaction
this may sound dumb but, this is one of the main reasons why i dont put bypasses on my prerunner.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
Use a stud with wheel locks with the taper lathed flat as nuts on both sides. Then Shroud in a tube.

Or do the smart thing, blow holes in them the size of a coffee can, Call 911 "I shot some intruders. Call an ambulance. If they survive I want to press charges on both of them." Then let your lawyer tell them about how you feared for your life. Don't ever fix a crime sceen.... you will go down.