Something a little different......

Atombomb

Reaction
I've been working on this thing on/off for the past 10 months, I thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing some off-road fab techniques utilized in something other than off-road. All I know is that I have had a ton of fun building it and I can't wait till we get it done! Enjoy......

motorhead

Reaction
Very cool! I have 3 questions, Have you ever tested or compared "remote" turbos to a traditional setup mounted in the engine bay? How much effect does it have on turbo lag, if any? I assume there is an aftermarket ECU, which setup did you use? Lastly, why do alot of custom cars use panhard bars? I can't get over the fact that the rear axle swings side to side as it cycles?

Atombomb

Reaction
Very cool! I have 3 questions, Have you ever tested or compared "remote" turbos to a traditional setup mounted in the engine bay? How much effect does it have on turbo lag, if any? I assume there is an aftermarket ECU, which setup did you use? Lastly, why do alot of custom cars use panhard bars? I can't get over the fact that the rear axle swings side to side as it cycles?
Thanks!
What I have found is that you usually size the turbo a little smaller when it is remote mounted. If you design the kit well, you will have no more lag than if the turbos where mounted traditionally. We are running a stock ECU with a chip and a handful of dyno pulls. Makes bitchen power the way it is, but, we still might go to a haltech before too long.

Panhard, well you got to remember that a road race car does not have the wheel travel an off-road car does. Because of this, a panhard bar is acceptable.

Atombomb

Reaction
NICE!!!!!!!! Where do you race it?
Thanks!
Here, or at least sooner or later. They run California speedway (fontana/ auto club speedway), Willow springs, button willow, and infineon to name a few here in the state.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
holly cow!!...nice work! i dont think it will do all that well in the whoop section but it might do ok on the fire roads :D jk! ...... ive never seen anybody weave header/exhaust/turbo pipes, it's nice to see something different every now and than... keep up the good work

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Looks pretty sweet! How much power does it make?

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Is that Afco up front and Koni in the rear? What class does it race in?

Atombomb

Reaction
holly cow!!...nice work! i dont think it will do all that well in the whoop section but it might do ok on the fire roads :D jk! ...... ive never seen anybody weave header/exhaust/turbo pipes, it's nice to see something different every now and than... keep up the good work
Thank you very much. Fire roads and dirt track tires, I am down.

Looks pretty sweet! How much power does it make?
Right about 950 at the motor, by the time it gets to the wheels, 749.
[video=youtube;yCI_XqL4FcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCI_XqL4FcY[/video]

I dont really like road cars, but ill make an exception this time :D
:D

Is that Afco up front and Koni in the rear? What class does it race in?
Afco and koni are correct. Ohlins or Penske's at all corners to come by next season.
The class is called "American Iron", sanctioned by N.A.S.A. This would be an AIX car which stands for "American Iron Extreme". AIX is nearly no-holds-barred aside from leaving certain sheet metal in place.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Nice!!!!! Not enough suspension for me though... I bet it will go fast in a strait line??............................