• Forum membership has its advantages....

Something New!!

DUMP!

Something New!!

As some of you know or have maybe figured out over the last few years that I have posted things here at RDC. I don't subscribe to the BS "Oh, what I'm doing is so much better then what everyone else is doing" or the "I've found the secret to eternal life but I can't share it with you" mentality. There was a 40 page thread of nothing that comes to mind when I think like this. The chances are if you think you have found the secret to eternal life, or think you have come up with the next great thing in racing someone has already tried it or done it. This thread is not about the next revolution in off road racing. No, it's a thread about some of the stuff I've been working on for the last year or so. All stuff that is tried and true and proven to work. So if your looking for something revolutionary sorry to disappoint you. The people I work for want to race and be competitive, they don't want to be crash test dummies or revolutionary. If they did I would have named the thread "Something Revolutionary".

Recently here on RDC, someone I have never met questioned my ability to fabricate. The pictures below are the work of Curt Nicolitz, Ben Heath, Dave Whilly, and myself. So for what it's worth we can cut 4130 out with a hatchet and booger it together with a welder as good as the next guy.

Dump

Attachments

Dezertpilot

OOOHHH, OOOOHHHHH, ME, ME!!! The Terrible Herbst!!!! The new TT's huh:D

Jerry Zaiden

Something New!!

As some of you know or have maybe figured out over the last few years that I have posted things here at RDC. I don't subscribe to the BS "Oh, what I'm doing is so much better then what everyone else is doing" or the "I've found the secret to eternal life but I can't share it with you" mentality. There was a 40 page thread of nothing that comes to mind when I think like this. The chances are if you think you have found the secret to eternal life, or think you have come up with the next great thing in racing someone has already tried it or done it. This thread is not about the next revolution in off road racing. No, it's a thread about some of the stuff I've been working on for the last year or so. All stuff that is tried and true and proven to work. So if your looking for something revolutionary sorry to disappoint you. The people I work for want to race and be competitive, they don't want to be crash test dummies or revolutionary. If they did I would have named the thread "Something Revolutionary".

Recently here on RDC, someone I have never met questioned my ability to fabricate. The pictures below are the work of Curt Nicolitz, Ben Heath, Dave Whilly, and myself. So for what it's worth we can cut 4130 out with a hatchet and booger it together with a welder as good as the next guy.

Dump
Derek,

First off the parts look way to heavy. Welded way to hot. And look to be of an old design late 80's early 90's.... lol!!!!

FABRICATOR

Last edited:
The shop looks way to clean to be used for actual fabrication of the parts pictured. Please continue spreading your propaganda though.

Jkrell

The shop looks way to clean to be used for actual fabrication of the parts pictured. Please continue spreading your propaganda though.
you think the shop looks clean, you should see derek's monster double wide snapon toolbox mecca.

arms and links lookin good, glad to see you still know how to use the hatchet and booger maker.

DUMP!

Whats the ETA on the 3 trucks?
There is no date set in stone,,,,,,,,,yet. It's taken nearly 18 months to get this far I'm thinking Primm or the 1000 next year, but it doesn't really matter what I think. It's what the guy upstairs thinks that counts. ;) ;)

Derek,

First off the parts look way to heavy. Welded way to hot. And look to be of an old design late 80's early 90's.... lol!!!!
Maybe you could stop by and give me some pointers???? And at the same time you could pick up the drawings you asked me for 6 months ago.:D :D

Looks like nice machine work too... ;)
Very nice!!!! The best there is!!!!! Do you know him Dave????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So can we assume from the bar welded in the a-arm your heat treating them?
That would be a good assumption. All the fabricated moving parts will be heat treated and then re-machined for proper fit.:) :)

arms and links lookin good, glad to see you still know how to use the hatchet and booger maker.
Thanks John, Good to see you here!!!:D :D

looks photoshopped.
No really it is all smoke and mirrors.:cool: :cool:

Looks awesome...

Give Curt a slap on the back from me!

:D
I'll do that, just don't tell RG he's over here!!!!:p :p

Thanks to the rest for your comments:D :D :D

Dump

Jerry Zaiden

Finally some nice wall art! Wooo Hooo!!! Did you get that new fancy printer working?

When I come I will be sure to give you some Solid Works pointers.... lol :D

Pitchit

Wow! I feel really bad for you guys. I mean, you must be working on a budget if you cant afford a table that doesn't have holes in it.