SOMETHING TO REALLY, REALLY, THINK ABOUT…Recent matters have come to our attention that we must consider whether to pursue and then restructure our racing program for 2020, or not.
Let me explain:
We have been very fortunate to create, structure and promote the PURE UTVTM OFF ROAD DESERT SERIES for the past six years. We have now published our 2020 schedule for the PURE UTVTM OFF-ROAD DESERT SERIES.
In recent conversations with some of my old and new friends we have found that the idea of individual Classes having their own series could be a lot of fun, and certainly, when using our own structure, it would be much cheaper.
The conversations then morphed into much more: What can we do about the high cost of racing and most importantly, how can we bring back some of the cars and racers that used to race, but because of various circumstances, cannot afford to or race as frequently.
Recently, at several of the off-road shows, we were asked if we could put our RACING RANCH in Cal-City, as part of their SERIES venues. The Ranch would be one of the stops in their series. We said yes.
But that’s not where it ended up.
I started thinking why not create a series of events, where we can entice, encourage, provoke, to bring some of the old tried and true equipment, and racers that have not been able to afford it, back into the racing scene. Then let’s make it CHEAP for them to race, easy to get to, and affordable to bring the family and crew.
So, we have come up with this tentative concept for 2020:
- If an established organization such as the JEEPSPEED Series or TROPHY-LITES would like to include our Ranch as part of one of their racing venues, we are game!
- We could also create (for them) a separate series of maybe three or five events for the…
- The PURE JEEPSPEEDTM OFF-ROAD DESERT SERIES
- The PURE TROPHY-LITETM OFF-ROAD DESERT SERIES
- The PURE 10TM DESERT SERIES
- The PURE 5TM DESERT SERIES
- The PURE 1-2/16TM DESERT SERIES
- The PURE 9TM DESERT SERIES
- The PURE LITE TRUCKSTM DESERT SERIES
If we have your attention so far and you want to read on, here is the way we see our ideas working:
- Because of our location, the RACING RANCH, in Cal-City, we have access to 286 sq. miles of open County Desert. All we need to do is to start and finish on our property, in the County. We have the ideal spot!!!
- Let’s say we set up a three (or five -event series) for each of the Classes listed above.
- Each race will have its own race dates and that would be the only class racing in our desert, on that weekend.
- As an example: The first race, THE PURE 1-2/16TM (Race #1 of 3) would be a 200-mile desert race where only the PURE 1-2/16s would be racing.
- Technical Rules & Regulations would be structured by the racers in the PURE 1-2/16TM CLASS (the same would apply to the other classes, each creating its own rules).
- Entry fees would be very reasonable
- Other added expenses would also be very reasonable.
- Total entry expenses would be between 10% to 25% of the entry fees for events from other organizations, such as Vegas-2-Reno, Parker, or any of the great Baja races.
- Awards would be handed out after each event.
- Points will be computed accordingly, for the Overall Points and Class Points
- Let’s say the three-event PURE 1-2/16TM DESERT SERIES would crown a Champion Driver & Navigator, at the end of the Series…
- Then at the end of the year, we would have a massive award ceremony featuring all the “PURETM” Series Classes.
All we ask is that your criticism be constructive.
For those who love the idea, please let us know how often you race and in what class. If you haven’t been racing for a while, still let us know what Class you would like to see offered.
I haven’t been this excited about something new for our sport in a long time. But like “times…they are changing” …we, too, must also look to the near future to keep our sport alive, and offer alternatives.
Here is what we would like to see in your reply. And please offer your opinion as quickly as you can.
Answer this please:
Name: _____________________________ e-mail: __________________________________
Class: _________________ Race Vehicle Year: _________________ Last time you raced_________
Good Idea ____ Not so good _____ I want to think about it __________
My Phone _______________________ Address __________________________________________
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Lou Peralta – [email protected] -