Sonoma/s-10

In_the_works

Anyone know how similar/different s-10s and sonoma suspensions are? I just got a '03 sono, and I'm trying to decide wether to make another desert truck out of it, or lower it and get as annoying of a fart pipe as I can(as a joke).

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

K5Blazer

Sonomas and S10's are the same truck's mechanically. Only thing different between em is the sheetmetal in front and the emblems.

OGCamber

Exactly the same truck with the exception of the grill, headlights, front bumper and hood. The suspension and drivetrain are exactly the same.

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com

In_the_works

Cool, I guess I'm gonna go with the lowering kit then, ($200) as opposed to the long travel $2000+. Oh, and I gotta be sure not to forget the underbody purple neon tubes, and maybe change my title to In_tha_Workz?

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

michael_loomis

lower is DIFFENATELY the way to go!

you dont want any of the problems i've had

PatrickG

Courtney-
Is there going to be any more articles on the toyota anytime soon. And when are you going to show off the sonoma in the magazine when you are done with it.

Patrick

In_the_works

No exhaust tip??? And you call yourself a truck enthusiast.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

OGCamber

Yes, I was originally planning on doing a set of National leaves on the back, but I changed my mind and it has totally slowed me down. My buddy Jeff (www.deviouscustoms.com) and I are going to build a 4-link for it now (that reminds me, I have to go pick up my coilovers at King today). So a couple weekends ago we built a bed cage, rear bumper and fuel cell mounts for it. Next I am going to remove the stock fuel tank and crossmember so we can get started on the link bars. I don't know how much of it is going to end up in StreetTrucks because it is kinda hard to fab and shoot photos at the same time.

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com