• Forum membership has its advantages....

Sorry new Q:Dual Sports

Josh_K

Mikey said:
Has anybody done a red sticker bike? I would want to do my CRF 450R.

No, the 8th digit of the vin on a red sticker bike gives it away and you cant get it done. I think the code is that if the 8th diget is a 8 or a C its red sticker. Green sticker bikes dont have this and they can get by.

dunerking

I thought it was a 3 or a C in the eighth digit.Anyway I look at it my green sticker bike has a C in the eighth digit.So now she has to move down the road.

Total Loss

I got my wife to limit me to 4 bikes
Still not enough.
Always have to spend double for some jewelry or something-
Keeps the world in good order
xr650r-race
klx650r- dually and prerunner
kdx220- chicks bike (my favorite)
1000 Concours- cruiser
(RACE RED, RIDE GREEN)

Mikey

Thanks Duner, look and the join date and post count that says it all. Looks like I will have to go out of state to do it. Maybe you will see me flying down Sunland Blvd. on it someday.

dunerking said:
OUCH!Why do you have to hate,instead be useful and help a brother out in getting a plate!
???? My posts are not meant to be negative..... usually the humor stands out more.
I say it is a waste of time because they will knock you down when they see your vin.
NADA 4 U is a catch phrase.
And wtf does the post count and join date have anything to do with anything?
Gotta love the net.
Ease Up fellas........... PEACE:cool:

dunerking

Mikey,I'll keep that eye out,hopefully it will be dual sporting through the Angeles Crest trail network.We have a house in Az. but I didn't want to have to jump through all those hoops.We'll see.
Mescalero,no love lost.I picked up on "Nada 4 U" catch phrase back when I was about 5 years old,but thanks for the clarification.Next time,be useful and tell me you have a friend in the DMV to help me out,not 3" bold NADA 4 U.Dang,I'm bummed about no dual sport.

I'd do the AZ plate since you have that luxory. Trust me....... I went through all the correct steps and had all my papers in order and still had to kick and scratch to get my 650R plated that was a transfr from out of state. If you hear of a red sticker getting by, its extremely lucky. I have had numerous personal friends that have tried to plate a red sticker and have been shut down from San Diego to Fresno. I will say this though, if you have AAA TRY THEM OUT. They were the ticket for quite a few shady deals.

JohnnyAirtime

dunerking said:
Mikey,I'll keep that eye out,hopefully it will be dual sporting through the Angeles Crest trail network.We have a house in Az. but I didn't want to have to jump through all those hoops.We'll see.
Mescalero,no love lost.I picked up on "Nada 4 U" catch phrase back when I was about 5 years old,but thanks for the clarification.Next time,be useful and tell me you have a friend in the DMV to help me out,not 3" bold NADA 4 U.Dang,I'm bummed about no dual sport.
DUNER... you CAN work in a streetable "red" sticker bike... but it takes more than what's worth it to do it. And it doesn't take money in changing out parts... it's in "greasing" the wheel (not with USA people).

I've got a buddy with an '06 CRF450 (red sticker)... and a license plate. However, it's all white and not from this country (if ya know what I mean gringo). ;)

Mikey

AAA doesn't do motorcycles anymore (if they ever did). Mescalero, post count and join date show that you are new to RDC. You could be Ivan or Robbie and still came across as a dick. No harm, no foul.

AAA in Escondido, Ca did my plate in January? The lady went out to the truck and inspected the bike and I even added the bike to my existing AAA insurance policy the same day? I do know that they said they can NOT give green stickers out though since that is a DMV only gig. I know of a few others who have gone the same route. My bike is an 01 XR650R with no 3 or C in the 8th vin #. I took it to the CHP (later found out I didn't need to) and they checked it over and gave it their OK as well. Just trying to help and stating facts from personal experience.

azfabguy

man, i love az! i walked into the dmv with my rv plate, $98 later i walked out with my mc plate for my 06 xr 650r. they didn't want to see the bike at all. anyone want to use my address?

PBR

Mikey said:
AAA doesn't do motorcycles anymore (if they ever did). Mescalero, post count and join date show that you are new to RDC. You could be Ivan or Robbie and still came across as a dick. No harm, no foul.
aaa doesn't do "dirt bikes" meaning green/red stickers, but they do plates.

Josh_K

PBR... I have to put this in hear so I can guilt you in to it...

Riding season is coming up fast, and I dont want to hear any $#@! about how you cant come out and play for a day on your KTM. Once the weater cools your going to do a ride from Loma Linda through the hills to the Beaumont Badlands, out past Gilman Springs Rd. The old De Anza track will be on the trail.

Fabby, your going too!