• Forum membership has its advantages....

Sorry new Q:Dual Sports

PBR

PBR... I have to put this in hear so I can guilt you in to it...

Riding season is coming up fast, and I dont want to hear any $#@! about how you cant come out and play for a day on your KTM. Once the weater cools your going to do a ride from Loma Linda through the hills to the Beaumont Badlands, out past Gilman Springs Rd. The old De Anza track will be on the trail.

Fabby, your going too!
as long as you guys will wait for me at every corner i will be there.

dunerking

Well it sounds like it is the DMV is finally shutting down letting anybody converting there bike into a dual sport,unless you did it before 04 or you bought it with the legal factory plate set-up.Bummer,looks like I'm going to have to change my plan of buying a new 07 WR450 and putting a plate on it.Seems like everyone that plated there bike after 04 will be getting a letter in the mail from the DMV to return there plate.I guess I'll have to seriously look at the DRZ400 SM.This is the scoop from D37,not something I made up.

JohnnyAirtime

I think the issues are with the red stickered bikes that made it through "somehow" .... and the green (as well as red) stickered bikes with no "emission" sticker.

... HINT: register your bike as a street only... and you won't worry so much. Know anyone who has a 'street bike' that has an issue with having his plate pulled?? I happened along a VIN Verification that had my bike and a 'check mark' in the box next to "emission sticker" which is legal and binding... and without a green sticker on my bike (I didn't dual register it), it's only a "street bike" in DMVs computer system...

... I know... sounds easy... can it be that easy?!?!?!?! :D

Here's the site info (explanation);
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol/vverinst.htm

This is the "key" area....
Emission Label Indicates = Vehicle meets USA EPA Standards and California Standards.

Here's the form that needs to have the "emission sticker" check box "checked"!
www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg343.pdf

... now ... get'r done!

Josh_K

I think the issues are with the red stickered bikes that made it through "somehow" .... and the green (as well as red) stickered bikes with no "emission" sticker.

... HINT: register your bike as a street only... and you won't worry so much. Know anyone who has a 'street bike' that has an issue with having his plate pulled?? I happened along a VIN Verification that had my bike and a 'check mark' in the box next to "emission sticker" which is legal and binding... and without a green sticker on my bike (I didn't dual register it), it's only a "street bike" in DMVs computer system...

... I know... sounds easy... can it be that easy?!?!?!?! :D

Here's the site info (explanation);
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol/vverinst.htm

This is the "key" area....
Emission Label Indicates = Vehicle meets USA EPA Standards and California Standards.

Here's the form that needs to have the "emission sticker" check box "checked"!
www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg343.pdf

... now ... get'r done!
Your 100% correct. When I did mine I regestered it street only. If you try to register dual lic., I was told that it made a bunch of problems.