South Africans at Dakar 2016

dirtbuster

Reaction
Hi all I have started this thread to hopefully add to the information from the South African team entries in this years Dakar.
There will be a few Nissans, Buggies and the Toyotas in the mix.
More info and links to follow.

spalind

Reaction
If I have been following correctly the Nissans were packed up about a week ago...while not at the very pointy end of the field they proved very durable and reliable last year.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

dirtbuster

Reaction
Yes correct Spalind! Terence is the Team Principle of the Nissan effort -he should be adding soon.

I will be getting Leroy Poulter , Geniel (Toyota) and Colin Mathews (Century Racing ) to introduce themselves etc in the next few days.

ZequeArgentina

Reaction
Many Sothafrican made cars able to shine on this Dakar.
Besides the now Gazzo racing 3 lead cars, all the Overdirve are engineered designed and partitially (or even totally) constructed in SouthAfrica.
Then we have the Southracing service Ford Ranger, also built by Neil Woodridge Racing.
The Century Team is sending 2 4x2 protos (I do not have much info on this Century cars)
The Nissans also a bit little info on them.

But another effort which has already shine last Dakar, is the Argentinean Renault Duster team, which cars have been developed and buil also in SouthAfrica with Nissan engines.
Thsi year the car is an evolution of last year and Argentinean Spataro and french Laveille do have top 10 - top 15 expectations.

So yes, SouthAfrica will be really well represented this Dakar!!

dirtbuster

Reaction
11202563_1104004886283977_8637631393396712356_n.jpg

Century sending 2 Buggies this Year.

Terence Marsh

Reaction
Hello Sports Fans....I can confirm that we will have two of our V8 powered Nissan Navara T1 race cars in the Dakar - one will be driven by German businessman Jürgen Schroder while the other will be driven by South African businessman Sean Reitz.

Both race cars where designed and built in our race workshop in South Africa and are identical to the three cars we took to the 2015 Dakar which all finished the event.

Our technical team is 100% South African and we are partnering with South Racing as our logistical partner

dirtbuster

Reaction
Leroy Poulter won the Sa off-road Championship and is according to Geniels ex nav the best driver in Sa currently - no disrespect to GdV. Watch him this year where the track is more WRC like.

07FJRog

Reaction
Good luck