SpaceX SN8

Offspring

Reaction
Almost. They are clearly playing the parameters on this and is all part of the learning curve. I haven't heard but wouldn't be surprised if they detonated it on purpose, that thing was not stable sitting there and they still had a lot of dangerous fuel on board that would have been dangerous to handle.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Almost. They are clearly playing the parameters on this and is all part of the learning curve. I haven't heard but wouldn't be surprised if they detonated it on purpose, that thing was not stable sitting there and they still had a lot of dangerous fuel on board that would have been dangerous to handle.
It was not the FTS (Flight Termination System). The FTS charge is near the middle of the rocket and this explosion started near the bottom tank. SpaceX may confirm this but it was more than likely a methane leak from the landing impact.

Offspring

Reaction
It was not the FTS (Flight Termination System). The FTS charge is near the middle of the rocket and this explosion started near the bottom tank. SpaceX may confirm this but it was more than likely a methane leak from the landing impact.
Makes sense, but I'm sure they were glad to see it explode.