SpaceX SN8

Bricoop

Reaction
LOL, always good to ruffle some feathers.

I don't care about either person individually, I use Amazon too frequently and Virgin Airlines has always been good to me.

I merely meant from a technology standpoint. What bezos and branson did is really F'n cool. Back in 2004, Burt Rutan and his company won a contest to send a privateer to space. That design evolved into Virgin Galagtic. I'm sure they both had extreme engineering challenges in their latest endeavours.

JDDurfey

Reaction
LOL, always good to ruffle some feathers.

I don't care about either person individually, I use Amazon too frequently and Virgin Airlines has always been good to me.

I merely meant from a technology standpoint. What bezos and branson did is really F'n cool. Back in 2004, Burt Rutan and his company won a contest to send a privateer to space. That design evolved into Virgin Galagtic. I'm sure they both had extreme engineering challenges in their latest endeavours.
I ran an aircraft junkyard on the Mojave airport when Burt Rutan and his company Scaled Composites started testing for the X prize. I watched all the test flights and I was there when they completed the required flight for the $10 Million. It was ground breaking for sure.

Paul Allen of Microsoft was a financial backer of the project in those days. Branson was working with Scaled Composites to build the first jet powered plane to circumnavigate the globe without refueling in those days, which was successful.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I could care less that either went to space. Branson basically took the Vomit Comet to the next level. Bezos built a multi-billion dollar Estes toy. BFD for both. Elon kicked their and NASA's ass in the current space race. Branson, while egotistical doesn't seem to be the massive dick the Bezos is. Bezos is leveraging humanity in the name of profits fir himself. For that reason alone, I dislike him.