SpaceX SN8

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
LOL, always good to ruffle some feathers.

I don't care about either person individually, I use Amazon too frequently and Virgin Airlines has always been good to me.

I merely meant from a technology standpoint. What bezos and branson did is really F'n cool. Back in 2004, Burt Rutan and his company won a contest to send a privateer to space. That design evolved into Virgin Galagtic. I'm sure they both had extreme engineering challenges in their latest endeavours.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
LOL, always good to ruffle some feathers.

I don't care about either person individually, I use Amazon too frequently and Virgin Airlines has always been good to me.

I merely meant from a technology standpoint. What bezos and branson did is really F'n cool. Back in 2004, Burt Rutan and his company won a contest to send a privateer to space. That design evolved into Virgin Galagtic. I'm sure they both had extreme engineering challenges in their latest endeavours.
I ran an aircraft junkyard on the Mojave airport when Burt Rutan and his company Scaled Composites started testing for the X prize. I watched all the test flights and I was there when they completed the required flight for the $10 Million. It was ground breaking for sure.

Paul Allen of Microsoft was a financial backer of the project in those days. Branson was working with Scaled Composites to build the first jet powered plane to circumnavigate the globe without refueling in those days, which was successful.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
I could care less that either went to space. Branson basically took the Vomit Comet to the next level. Bezos built a multi-billion dollar Estes toy. BFD for both. Elon kicked their and NASA's ass in the current space race. Branson, while egotistical doesn't seem to be the massive dick the Bezos is. Bezos is leveraging humanity in the name of profits fir himself. For that reason alone, I dislike him.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
RDC Crypto
Used to be Southern California, Good Riddance!

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
SpaceX will definitely be going to Mars before any other rocket company.
NASA may fund it or not. Currently, they are funding Starship HLS for the near-term Artemis lunar missions.

Boeing has been lovely up lately with their launch system as evidenced by their recent launch abort.
Now the Starliner testing is even FURTHER delayed than it was over a year ago when the dang thing went on an incorrect trajectory....
Thanks Boeing!!

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
It's reasons like this that I believe SpaceX will be first to attempt a trip Mars before NASA. Over 10 years and 1 billion dollars and not even a prototype suit to show for it. Should have just given the contact to Playtex Bras again, at least it would fit the female astronauts better.

"According to this audit, even with over $1 billion in total projected spending for these new spacesuits, there are too many delays and obstacles and NASA cannot meet its 2024 moon landing goal. "

$1 billion and they can't make it happen by 2024. Maybe they can borrow Neil Armstrong's suit from 1969...

RothShockService

RDC Crypto
Nasa likes to spend lots of money with companies that like to push deadlines way out, there is also a large influence from share holders. SpaceX is private so they can do what ever they feel like doing whenever.
"According to this audit, even with over $1 billion in total projected spending for these new spacesuits, there are too many delays and obstacles and NASA cannot meet its 2024 moon landing goal. "

$1 billion and they can't make it happen by 2024. Maybe they can borrow Neil Armstrong's suit from 1969...

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Boeing, Northrup Gruman, Raytheon, etc. like to backroom deal NASA to spend lots of money with them so they can get rich and push deadlines way out,
FIFY.

SpaceX is shaking things up with those old-geezer aerospace companies. The future is bright! Thanks Elon!

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
Yea pretty cool for a 90 year old, especially if you saw that landing, no way he didn't break his tail bone....

The SpaceX launch with 4 civilian astronauts is planned to go farther than the space station and orbit for 3 or 4 days

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
The SpaceX launch with 4 civilian astronauts is planned to go farther than the space station and orbit for 3 or 4 days
It already did...

The "Inspiration 4" crew from SpaceX has been back on earth for a while now.

Offspring

RDC Crypto
especially if you saw that landing, no way he didn't break his tail bone....

That’s why they lay back. Otherwise a broken tail bone is better than your spine poking into your brain. Also why they tell you to put your head down on emergency landings.