spark plug socket

sweetdevil

Reaction
I doubt anyone has a bike similar to the metal mulisha bike, (85 xr200) but i'm having a problem with it... I can't get the spark plug out. The top end surrounds the spark plug so that I can't fit a spark plug socket down in there, and I can't try and grab it with any type of pliers because the frame is in the way. (Even Ghetto-fabulous couldn't get this thing out when we were in ocotillo a few weeks ago, quite a few different people tried unsuccessfully)

Does anyone have a spark plug socket/tool they think would work on this? Or have you had a similiar problem getting your plug out? If you have this tool, maybe you can bring it to MDR this weekend, I'm going to bring it up there in hopes of getting the plug replaced so I can ride it one last time before I give it away and get my new bike!!!

Thanks

<font color=red>Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over</font color=red>

mxjeremy

Reaction
You have to use the kit that comes with the xr's. My dad's xr600 was the same way, but in his toolkit he had a 2 piece tool that worked perfectly. One piece slips over the plug and the other piece is a regular open ended wrench. Anyone with an xr should be able to help you out. We don't have the xr600 anymore, but I think I still have a tool. Somehow we obtained an extra one. I'm in Anaheim, but won't be going out to MDR. Good luck.
late.

In_the_works

Reaction
I had the exact same bike about a year ago, and I remember having trouble pulling the plug, and I think I had to purchase a deep well socket to get it out.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
If it is like one of these then I will hook you up on Friday.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

Attachments

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
'I doubt anyone has a bike similar to the metal mulisha bike, (85 xr200)"

On contrare mon frare (sp) Gots me one of those, great bike if it runs, which it hardly does.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."