Speaking of racing prerunners

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I was wondering, what class would a 4 seat prerunner buggy be legal in? I want to race a couple races later this year or next but I only want to race in the sportsman class. Is class 14 in MDR for 4 seaters too? I know SNORE has a sportsman buggy class but I don't know what makes it legal for the class....motor size, suspension (a-arm or beam), or even safety restrictions. SCORE also has a sportsman class but I'm not familiar with the rules. Anyone? Thanks in advance. Wardy.

Racers Only

frankh

Reaction
Let me restate that.There were two, four seaters racing in class 1300. I think there were over 10 in the class.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Hi Rory,

There was an A-Arm car with a Type IV motor racing a the BB400 in the Sportsman class. I think SCORE is wide open too. Certainly, Whiplash is.

I am planing to run my car as soon as I can sneak my oldest son in as a co-driver. He's 12 now.

As for safety. For all events, I would think that you need window nets and 5 point belts. I went a bit further and put a fire bottle and plumbing in.

How is your car coming along? Do you have any photos to share?

PJCinLV

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
PJC, The car is coming along nicely. It's actually in your neck of the woods (Bruce Fraley). Hopefully it should be done next weekend if all the parts arrive on time. I got a few pics of it on the "Readers rides" section here.

Racers Only

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Cool!

I checked the Readers Rides deal but missed it.. Got a URL or ID?

PJCinLV

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
PJC, It's on the top of page 4, ID# 94. See you at the races. Wardy.

Racers Only

PBR

Reaction
i didn't know that you could race SANDRAILS in a desert race!!!

Penchansky Brothers Racing