• Forum membership has its advantages....

Special Thanks to truck 210 for going backwards on the course

vegasloki

I'm sensing a little sorry not sorry this still might be kinda be your's and weatherman's fault in this post. Glad everyone is ok.
It's 100% the fault of the driver that was traveling counter circuit. Period. End of story.

steve0we

Let me ask one question. How wide is a race course?
In a silt bed at night.... it was wide enough for my car going the right direction. Apparently it wasn’t wide enough for the under experienced, over his head, has to much money to care guy.

Honda48X

In a silt bed at night.... it was wide enough for my car going the right direction. Apparently it wasn’t wide enough for the under experienced, over his head, has to much money to care guy.
Steve I feel bad for what happened but lots of people on here talk about turning around and staying off the course, and I’m saying that’s almost impossible as the “course” is not just one line. It extends outside the main line. So if others turn around to go back to a pit then they are driving backwards on the course.

Bro_Gill

Every driver knows how wide the course is, whether it be 50' from center or 200 feet from center or within the bounds of a wash. It doesn't matter. Get off the course if you have to go backwards. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for hitting a race vehicle going the right direction on the course when you are going backwards. Period.

steve0we

Steve I feel bad for what happened but lots of people on here talk about turning around and staying off the course, and I’m saying that’s almost impossible as the “course” is not just one line. It extends outside the main line. So if others turn around to go back to a pit then they are driving backwards on the course.
Don’t feel bad for me I spent all morning tearing my stuff apart getting ready for another race.... I did read this in the paper this morning:

“Desert Racing magazine called to PROBABLY name SPEC TROPHY TRUCK class of the year, but They have to agree to an interview and a major photoshoot, They said probably is no good and took a pass, thanks anyway!”

Power Monkey

So sad to hear about your experience with the numb nut. After all that time, effort to detail and the professional prep to an amazing car, to be taken out buy such a dumb ass amateur. What a bunch of goobers that crew must be.

ACME

It's funny how many people are defending or justifying the actions of the truck?

It's sad your race ended due to someone else's stupidity and obviously they don't care enough to call which speaks volumes to their character. Your car looked good when we saw it!

Yes, people and sometimes "racers" go backward on the course; but to drive directly into headlights? Really? Back and fourth-numerous times? And both the driver and co-driver agreed in this decision? That's the first thought rather radio Baja Pits and ask them where they are?

As far as the Weatherman; he can tell you whatever, but you have the wheel and make the decisions as a racer. In this case Steve's comments about the quality and intellect of the talent behind the wheel and in the right seat seem on point.

Curious, did you guys try the stella when he was coming?

Peter Alesi Jr.

I'm sure all party's will work this out, crap happens and almost always in mexico. But this is a mistake that will not happen with drivers involved...

Nessy

It's funny how many people are defending or justifying the actions of the truck?

It's sad your race ended due to someone else's stupidity and obviously they don't care enough to call which speaks volumes to their character. Your car looked good when we saw it!

Yes, people and sometimes "racers" go backward on the course; but to drive directly into headlights? Really? Back and fourth-numerous times? And both the driver and co-driver agreed in this decision? That's the first thought rather radio Baja Pits and ask them where they are?

As far as the Weatherman; he can tell you whatever, but you have the wheel and make the decisions as a racer. In this case Steve's comments about the quality and intellect of the talent behind the wheel and in the right seat seem on point.

Curious, did you guys try the stella when he was coming?
It's also funny that one of the guys defending and justifying his actions liked your post.

Honda48X

It's also funny that one of the guys defending and justifying his actions liked your post.
I do like his post. The only issue I have is people say they do not go backwards on the course and that is [email protected]$#@#. Many folks go backwards at times. Sometimes is as simple as backing up to get around someone that is stuck. Remember they may get off the main line but they are still on the course by definition. What happened was dumb and like ACME said should never happen with this being at night with headlights on. AS ACME said: "Yes, people and sometimes "racers" go backward on the course; but to drive directly into headlights? Really? Back and fourth-numerous times?" I agree with and will hit the like button.

bsobel

I really hate hearing this stuff and what happened to you. Similar experiences unfolding with 208 running down hitting 3 or 4 11s. I’m waiting for that thread to get started. The 3 or 4 11s hit are trying to work it out with him but his response was the same as yours from 210 so far.
I was one of the 11's hit by 208. They told us to pound sand, where did you hear about the others?

blue dog

I think truck 209 committed something bad in the Library, with a candlestick. It's a spec trophy truck conspiracy I tell you.

Power Monkey

I was one of the 11's hit by 208. They told us to pound sand, where did you hear about the others?
Dang! How embarrassing. Yet more Austin newbies that are clueless.
I guess with the sport becoming more accessible your goanna get this level of character.

MikeLeung

So going backwards...it happens, its racing....getting hit....it happens, its racing.

But what is messed up and not racing is when you hit a car head on and drive off without checking to see if they were hurt.