specs for ranger cross over steering swingers

kdm73091

Reaction
does anyone have specs to build ranger cross over steering swingers? i have 6inch over beams. if anyone has dimensions and angles for them let me know please. i am trying to go for the giant motorsports ones.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Do a search and look at all the pic's that are posted. . .it shouldn't be too hard if you are decent at fab work.

I'm going to be doing this as well on a Ranger TTB set-up that I'm swapping under a YJ Wrangler, but I have to finish our '49 Jeep Willy's project before I get started on swapping the TTB under the YJ, otherwise I would tell you what I end up with, but my beams won't be 6 over, only 4.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
just because your beams are 6" over does not mean there is a standard swinger. You will need to work with where the beam and radius arms pivot and where the steering arm is located on the spindle.
I beams are very difficult to make work correctly..... A good design takes lots and lots of time. Good luck!

atomicjoe23

Reaction
As Jerry stated, most of these set-ups are built to the truck and are not standardized. . .a lot of work and trial and error go into them and there is quite a bit of fabrication required, but that's not to say that you wouldn't be able to figure out the steering set-up on your own.

Like I said. . .start looking at all the pic's you can of the different steering set-ups the well set-up Rangers have. If you can weld and cut metal proficiently, along with some fabrication experience you should be able to fabricate a steering system for your beams.

kdm73091

Reaction
just because your beams are 6" over does not mean there is a standard swinger. You will need to work with where the beam and radius arms pivot and where the steering arm is located on the spindle.
I beams are very difficult to make work correctly..... A good design takes lots and lots of time. Good luck!
haha yea ive noticed that beams are prety tricky, thanks tho

kdm73091

Reaction
As Jerry stated, most of these set-ups are built to the truck and are not standardized. . .a lot of work and trial and error go into them and there is quite a bit of fabrication required, but that's not to say that you wouldn't be able to figure out the steering set-up on your own.

Like I said. . .start looking at all the pic's you can of the different steering set-ups the well set-up Rangers have. If you can weld and cut metal proficiently, along with some fabrication experience you should be able to fabricate a steering system for your beams.
yea i can proficiently fab up things lol, but its just my beams seem a litlle tricky haha