• Forum membership has its advantages....

Spectating the 1000 @ night

Hey everyone,

I’m headed down to b1k next weekend and wondering where a good place to spectate would be toward the evening? I’m bringing my son and father and we are planning on camping Friday night. Any info/locations would be appreciated. We will be in a 4wd so even some more remote areas could be a possibility.

MasTacos

Is the evening spectating due to arrival time?

Near BFG Pit 5 (RM580) is not bad for access and isn't too bad to get into. I'd stay clear of Morelia/Zoo Road.

johndjmix

Excuse me if you already know this but during the race, STAY OFF THE COURSE. If you MUST go on the course make sure you go in the direction of travel and watch for race vehicles! Race vehicles have the right of way in baja and WILL bump you if your in the way.

--John

Hey everyone,

I’m headed down to b1k next weekend and wondering where a good place to spectate would be toward the evening? I’m bringing my son and father and we are planning on camping Friday night. Any info/locations would be appreciated. We will be in a 4wd so even some more remote areas could be a possibility.

Come on down to our ranch...Simpson Ranch....it has to be one of the best spectating and action packed spots on the course.....I will be camping there......PM me for details....

jon coleman

the one shot hi up , silver ish truck just getting ugly lovin' probably ^a d 's vid?yup, jalopnik has a little story on it, ' why driver not penalized...., i like night race circumstances, u can see a race vehicle comming from far away, and yes , lottsa bright lights , big strobe light on big pole like glammis

Last edited:

jon coleman

avg mph × the start time till dark, 50avg mph× lets say 8 hrs ( 9am start , 5pm dark) 50× 8= mm.i m probably wrong, failed hi school algebra

mgobaja

Best place to spectate at night in Baja - One of the many places where your dollars are helping to support single mothers working for a living. but it will be dark by the time they hit the eastern portion of the course, then San Felipe does have a few of the above mentioned places to spend your dollars.

Chainguide

What mm should the TT's be when it's dark?
it will be dark at 4:30 PM +/- so thatt gives them 6-1/2 hours of daylight to start with, then if you use 50 MPH average speed for the TT's, it will get dark for them around RM 325 ish. This should give you plenty of time to spend your extra dollars at the aforementioned establishments.