Spectator rules at parker 425

mcornwell

Reaction
What are the spectator rules at parker?

I was looking at pictures this morning and it appeared that some people had parked next to the course for viewing.

I was also wondering about camping. Can I show up the night before and camp without fear of the BLM?

AZ7000'

Reaction
Might need to get there earlier than the night before for a good spot...

mebedb1

Reaction
What are the spectator rules at parker?

I was looking at pictures this morning and it appeared that some people had parked next to the course for viewing.

I was also wondering about camping. Can I show up the night before and camp without fear of the BLM?
Spectators and Schedule info – please call the Parker Chamber of Commerce at (928) 669-2174. Spectators can go to Shea Road or the “Y” at the Road in Bouse, those are the two (2) BLM approved spectator designated areas! Please stay off the course and be safe.
Off BITD website
http://bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/bluewater_desert_challenge/2014_CampFees_VendorInfo_updated.pdf
This is info found at the bottom of the 425 info page.
Hope it helps

Last edited:

bobylax

Reaction
There is spectating at the "Y" in the road coming in from Bouse, which I believe you can watch the cars going in or out of the Midway pit, not sure about camping there. You can also watch from the main pit area, which I believe gives you a view of the python, but slow (25 mph) action into and out of the pit. You can camp at main pit but there is a fee charged by CRIT. There is also spectating along Shea Rd. There is a spectator area just before the cattle guard, no overnight camping as that is CRIT land, but gives you great views of the high speed but relatively flat straight away. Just beyond the cattle guard there's whooped out section about a mile long before they turn left towards the wash, and there is spectating of this section along the south side of Shea Rd, but no camping there either. The 3rd spot for watching is about 2 to 3 miles up Shea Rd. from the road crossing, on the right hand side of Shea Rd. overlooking Osbourne wash. There is camping there (no fee), but that area fills up pretty fast.

Most of the areas along Shea Rd fill up really fast, people start jockeying for spots around 4 or 5 in the morning, but not sure how that is going to play out this year as the limited classes go before sun up, and the go fast guys are in the afternoon, split format.

Hope this helps, please obey all the signage, and leave your area cleaner than you found it!

Fourstroker

Reaction
BLM was ticketing people down on Shea Rd on Saturday that had vehicles on the north side of Shea Road and that were even watching from that side. One couple had been camped there for 3 weeks, were ticketed and the BLM lady could not even tell them how they could get to their trailer to pack up since the land closure extended through Sunday. I would expect these regulations to be in place for the 425 as well. There was no spectating allowed on Shea Rd east of the Cattle Guard.

MAC56

Reaction
The blm group at parker is newer and are very good people. Donald from BITD went thru the north side of shea rd before the closure and asked people to please move, one trailer just west of my position at rm62 did not move. I spent time with rec planners and law enfotcement, they have great attitudes, and want to support
Our sport and BITD. Treat them as you would want to be treated and you might make a great friend.

2Driver

Reaction
The New media fee to take a picture on BLM land is $25.

Charged at press registration. WTF government over reach is off the hook

Fourstroker

Reaction
The blm group at parker is newer and are very good people. Donald from BITD went thru the north side of shea rd before the closure and asked people to please move, one trailer just west of my position at rm62 did not move. I spent time with rec planners and law enfotcement, they have great attitudes, and want to support
Our sport and BITD. Treat them as you would want to be treated and you might make a great friend.
The BLM seemed fine. I was just pointing out what happened to one couple that didn't pay attention. Seemed odd though that they couldn't figure out for the life of them how those people were going to even get out to there vehicle and get out of the closure area. When I left they were still walking around trying to figure it out.

AZracefan

Reaction
Some of the photos you seen with people standing next to the course was probably where the course comes on and off of the old bluewater road. That road will be blocked off, but you are still able to view from thay area. Not an official area for BITD, but there's signs exiting from highway 95 just south of the bridge that will allow you to park and watch in that area, but is not listed on the BITD website. You can also watch them right under the bridge at Osborne wash there is two way traffic under the bridge, area does fill up quick tho. This is all CRIT land not BLM.

You can also watch the start at the far south/bottom of the parker python. There is a nice jump they have set up and racers will be at full race speed. From what I learned the 6am race will start right in that vicinity 2 vehicles start. The 2nd race will start downtown and still cover that same course. The entrance and exit of the python/main pit they are at full speed, they begin 25 mph once on the pit lane straightaways. In the center of the python there is a short course set up which is fun to watch. this is CRIT land as well.

On shea rd by the cattle guard is a very popular spot. Very fast section. No camping and you can only view from the south side of the road, course is directly north of road. This BLM land. About 3 miles further up on shea rd there is overnight camping allowed, but it does fill very early. It spands maybe 2 miles on the mesa top
viewing the course. Your also ablebto view the race when they return from there lap and exit the jeep trail. I know as of now there are motorhomes already parker there for the race. Cellphone service ain't too great and BLM are very strict in this area. Hope this helps.

AZracefan

Reaction
Spectator rules at the Parker 425:
1. Stand in small, authorized area
2. Do not move
I can say I've been to plenty of stateside races for the last couple years and Parker has to be the best race for spectating! I've been to other races where the area is very little compared to what Parker has to offer and you don't have too many options where you can spectate and you have to pay a fee! There's a handful of areas you can spectate at parker and not all of it is on BLM land. CRIT seems to cooperate better with racers/fans, from my experience..

07FJRog

Reaction
When would the fast classes get to Bouse in afternoon?

bobylax

Reaction
When would the fast classes get to Bouse in afternoon?
Best guess would be between 2:00 & 2:30, to the area accessible from Bouse. Course doesn't go into Bouse.

07FJRog

Reaction
Best guess would be between 2:00 & 2:30, to the area accessible from Bouse. Course doesn't go into Bouse.
I kinda figured it did not go into town, but the viewing are near it.
Thx for the time estimate.