Speed Pre-Order

Bricoop

Maybe I missed it but...

Which series will the SpeedXX, be legal for?

BITD, Dakar, ShortCourse...and how Street legal?????

And is it ready, out of the box?
You’ve got some watching to do. It’s speedutv. RG claims legal for all series and I don’t know why it wouldn’t be. It’s not race ready out of the box, but it won’t take much. They’ll have “factory” racecars, but are going to be picky who gets them and expect to spend 3x the cost of a regular unit.

Street legality depends on the state.

NIKAL

Some pretty cool stuff came out of last weeks show. Robby spoke and showed the new engine cylinder head. Some very innovative stuff the UTV industry has not seen or done. You can tell he’s using the people around him from NASCAR & Indy car to help with his engine program.
30C4E9A3-613E-4750-BA49-65A9E5CE439E.jpeg

Then Robby talked about the 4 factory spare tire mounting locations built into the chassis. This will allow you different mounting locations depending on need and accessory storage boxes used. Robby also made a last minute change to the back of the chassis adding a built in receiver hitch point. It’s a simple change but will allow more options in the future. He used the example of how people will tow their jet skis or boats around to launch them in the water at the river. Or a good pull point to help out your buddy with his stuck or broke RZR.

E652DD2C-CE23-4355-9571-C757E54D0ABA.jpeg

Lastly and something I thought was really cool was the whip/antenna tabs he designed. There will be 3 tabs. The two outer tabs will be made to bolt a lighted whip and radio antenna at the same time. Each tab will be made of stainless steel to reduce poor ground connections, and each tab had two holes for mounting your ground wires. So you will have 3 whip mount locations and 2 radio antenna locations from the factory.
The other item added were corner gussets added in each upper corner of the cage. This will ad strength and get you one step closer to being race legal. But also gives a secure mounting point for accessories like a roof or roof rack.
4AF4C8CB-0797-4B08-8940-D1AF13A78596.jpeg

dbq61537

You’ve got some watching to do. It’s speedutv. RG claims legal for all series and I don’t know why it wouldn’t be. It’s not race ready out of the box, but it won’t take much. They’ll have “factory” racecars, but are going to be picky who gets them and expect to spend 3x the cost of a regular unit.

Street legality depends on the state.
Thanks for the info...I’ll head over to RG’s site.

Bricoop

I wonder if Ducati will be receiving a call regarding those trailing arms?

What I'm more curious about is the location of the CV. Could that be a portal type of setup?

Random thought: Could a plunging cv be eliminated if the cv were at the pivot point of the trailing arm and then traveled alongside or inside the arm? red is trailing arms.

1595612170424.png

MTPyle

wouldn't that create a lot of torque to move the training arms? In other words when you gassed it the rear suspension would either squat or lift?

Mike

MTPyle

I meant Trailing arms not training. LOL

I love the Speed UTV. Actually went to put a deposit on a 4 seater but it was a pain in the butt. Got all the way to the end and it wanted me to get out, make a account, then get back into the checkout. It was not a smooth process and I ended up giving up and moving on to something else. LOL

Its going to be an amazing machine, It will take awhile to work out the bugs but they will get there. Lots of innovation and with that comes pain. But I believe the pain of bugs will be worth the results.

Mike

Nessy

I wonder if Ducati will be receiving a call regarding those trailing arms?

What I'm more curious about is the location of the CV. Could that be a portal type of setup?

Random thought: Could a plunging cv be eliminated if the cv were at the pivot point of the trailing arm and then traveled alongside or inside the arm? red is trailing arms.

View attachment 216708
Tomcars have a setup like this. I believe they use an enclosed chain drive on the trailing arm.

norutah

Yesterday RG said the cab heater will be from brake ducting. I had never heard of this idea. Really an interesting idea.
Pretty sure he was saying there are naca ducts similar to where brake ducts originate. It will blow into a box for the ambient blower and if you add the heater the air will be heated from the turbo coolant return line thru a heat exchanger

NIKAL

Pretty sure he was saying there are naca ducts similar to where brake ducts originate. It will blow into a box for the ambient blower and if you add the heater the air will be heated from the turbo coolant return line thru a heat exchanger
You are correct. There are two Intergraded Naca Ducts next to the headlights and grill.
25F5EC43-9D48-4B43-8392-2BAF8CA0AA7D.jpeg

Bricoop

Can you expand on that? Would they run additional lines just for the heater function? I thought all the cooling took place in the rear?