Speed Pre-Order

norutah

Reaction
Can you expand on that? Would they run additional lines just for the heater function? I thought all the cooling took place in the rear?
Yes, cooling is in the rear on the open cab cars. Adding a heater requires ducting, additional lines, a blower etc.

McCredie A

Reaction
Impressive! Looks like a part for a TT, not a production UTV. Looking forward to seeing this UTV in person.
From what he said that will not be the one going on the production UTV. The production UTV will be cast then machined I believe. I do agree the one pictured above looks great!

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Mold: $500,000

CNC Part: $20,000

Ballpark numbers but my guess is QTY: 50-500 is when it crosses over.

NIKAL

Reaction
From what he said that will not be the one going on the production UTV. The production UTV will be cast then machined I believe. I do agree the one pictured above looks great!
I know that’s the billet piece. The production case will be pressure case and machine just like a Mendi, Weddle or Fortin box. But just seeing what it’s going to look like compared to anything in the UTV market is impressive.

McCredie A

Reaction
I know that’s the billet piece. The production case will be pressure case and machine just like a Mendi, Weddle or Fortin box. But just seeing what it’s going to look like compared to anything in the UTV market is impressive.
Completely agree. I am excited for what he is doing. Looking forward to tonights show.

McCredie A

Reaction
Anyone interested in the full race version for 85K plus? Does not seem to bad considering his Dakar (potts) was in the classifieds for around that price.

3B Racing

Reaction
Master 405/39 El Diablo, order with only racing essentials at this point, planning on using this unit to knock of my bucket list of off-road races. The Mint, Vegas to Reno, NORRA and we will have to see about some Baja SCORE events. *Will start with some VORRA races to shake it down and knock the dust off... or on as the case may be. Don't really plan on getting to far away from stock and just making sure to have all the safety equipment. Will be focused on finishing and having fun!

Attachments

BionicTuck

Reaction
Master 405/39 El Diablo, order with only racing essentials at this point, planning on using this unit to knock of my bucket list of off-road races. The Mint, Vegas to Reno, NORRA and we will have to see about some Baja SCORE events. *Will start with some VORRA races to shake it down and knock the dust off... or on as the case may be. Don't really plan on getting to far away from stock and just making sure to have all the safety equipment. Will be focused on finishing and having fun!
I just placed my order over the weekend.
I plan on racing my RG El Diablo at Reno to Vegas next year.

Buellracer

Reaction
I did the 2019 Mexican 1000 in my XX. This April for the 2021 event we have put together a support group. Anyone who wants to join check it out and contact me. We still have a few spots left. Thanks, Dick Master unit 220 El Diablo RG
This is the plan!
2021 NORRA Mexican 1000

1. Provide support for Speed UTV’s for the 2021 Mexican 1000
A. Transport spares that can be purchased on a first come as needed basis.
B. Provide hand tools, special tools, welders, equipment, and technical advice during the event.
C. Track everyone’s race vehicle and chase vehicle and provide communication link to entire race team.
D. Provide emergency sweep on a first come basis. (Planning 1 sweep per 3-4 cars)
E. Provide advice on accommodations and fuel for the event.
2. What each race team needs to provide.
A. Speed UTV prepared to NORRA rules for the race. We can help with advice to meet the rules.
B. Race radio and either Lowrance or Lead Nav in the Race vehicle.
C. A chase truck and trailer with at least 1 driver. For an additional fee ( around $1500-2000 depending on air fares) we can provide a driver to pull your trailer during the race. (Meet in San Diego and cross the border in a group)
1. We race with two teams of Driver/ Navigator so we share expenses and the team not racing drives the chase truck to the gas spot and team change over.
2. You can race with only one team but someone needs to drive your chase truck and trailer.
D. A Garmin Inreach devise for both your race vehicle and chase vehicle. (You don’t need a subscription, as they will be added to our master subscription).
E. Lowrance and radio in the chase truck.
F. $3000.00 to Idaho Off road Racers for your share of support / communications team expenses.
G. Your entry to race approx. $3067.00 to NORRA.
H. Your own rooms (multiple options $3-500 or ? per person).
1. We can refer you to booking agents and give you a link to NORRAs hotel list.
I. Your own fuel. (You can contract through Mag 7 to provide or have your chase crew do it) We can give you the options.
J. Food for your team. (On the nights NORRA doesn’t provide we will have a grill set up and we have a large fridge in the “Mother ship”)
K. Charge card and authorization for replacement parts if needed during race.
3. General Plan.
A. Support six teams for the event. "First come first served"
1. Real time tracking and communication for all race, chase and sweep vehicles.
2. Sweep truck and trailer with emergency tools, tires, and gas for every 3-4 competitors.
3. “Mother ship” and enclosed trailer for tool, welders, compressor, spares.
B. Take a non refundable (transfer OK) $3000.00 deposit to cover your share of the expenses ( see 2.F above) on a first come basis.
C. Teams should budget $8-12 thousand for this event.
D. Meet in San Diego the day before tech opens in the AM Thursday April 23, 2021. Cross the border and check into hotel
E. Friday and Saturday Tech, registration etc.
F. Sunday 4-25 to Thursday 4-29. 2021 Five days of racing down the peninsula to Cabo
G. Friday April 30 Awards ceremony.
H. Saturday and Sunday relax in Cabo.
I. Monday caravan back to US 2-3 days as we feel like it.
J. Everyone is free to tag along or head straight back after the race.
K. More info go to NORRA site: https://www.norra.com/mexican1000_info.php#hotels
L. Call Dick Rockrohr 208-867-6943
buellracer1@yahoo.com
Idaho Off Road Racers IDORR

afortune46

Reaction
"225hp on pump fuel at 15psi.
305hp on VPC16 at 24psi
No official numbers on E85 yet"
Any idea what correction factor was used on that run ? I asked when Todd posted the video and got Crickets and fan boys blowing up my dm's telling me I was troll for asking a simple question.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
No idea on the correction factor.
I hope they clarify the engine dyno runs tonight on the Livestream.