Speed Pre-Order

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Surprisingly not that many and most are single vehicle accidents. I know of two in Glamis this season. One was a dirt bike guy that was jumping and the other was a person not wearing a seatbelt in a UTV that rolled over.

If you stay away from the hangout areas on busy weekends there are a lot less people actually in the dunes. We like to do early morning rides when we know not many are out there.
Same crowd that hit the lake here in havasu in the summer. We have 3 to 12 deaths a year almost every year. Same deal stay away from busy weekends. Fast boats lots of alcohol hot sun cold water = bad news. I call it liquid glamis. Ppl with huge high hp boats that have no idea what there doing. I'll stick to racing with ppl going in the same direction on the same course. I'll let the drunken idiot's play together 🤣

Advertising supports this site

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Same crowd that hit the lake here in havasu in the summer. We have 3 to 12 deaths a year almost every year. Same deal stay away from busy weekends. Fast boats lots of alcohol hot sun cold water = bad news. I call it liquid glamis. Ppl with huge high hp boats that have no idea what there doing. I'll stick to racing with ppl going in the same direction on the same course. I'll let the drunken idiot's play together 🤣
You think a dez race course is immune to that?
You have SxS...at least 1 if not 2? Correct?
Didn't you claim you had like 8k miles on your XP...must be all on the race course?
Parker/Havasu has its share of drunken idiots in da dez.

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
Partybarge nailed it.

So last week the rack fix was discussed. After getting help from several PS experts and none of the suggestions completely fixing the problem. They tested welding a plate from rack end plate to end plate. The tie rod bolts also go through the plate. After that simple test the chatter was gone. So the plan was then how to fix it as they can’t sleeve the end plate over the ram or gear rack to make it thicker, as they needed all 5 1/2 inches of rack travel. If they build up the end pieces to be bigger it would push the tie rods out effecting the geometry and would not totally solve the issue. So the final plan was to make a new part that makes both end cap pieces and tie bar plate all one piece.

Today I went by FBC and took this picture of the test rack with welded plate.
View attachment 244191
So where do I send the bill for my engineering consultation?

Payable in Tecate roho.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
You think a dez race course is immune to that?

You have SxS...at least 1 if not 2? Correct?
Didn't you claim you had like 8k miles on your XP...must be all on the race course?
Parker/Havasu has its share of drunken idiots in da dez.
28k and I do not see any drunken idiot's in the desert here because I do not ride here and yea when in parker I'm on the race course. Any other questions?

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
28k and I do not see any drunken idiot's in the desert here because I do not ride here and yea when in parker I'm on the race course. Any other questions?
28k?
You ride to Montana and back since you don't ride around your house in some great areas?

And no drunken idiot's in the dez around Havasu and Parker...sure...

10 shot

RDC Crypto
28k?
You ride to Montana and back since you don't ride around your house in some great areas?

And no drunken idiot's in the dez around Havasu and Parker...sure...
It's a 2014 I use it on the streets in havasu also. I am sure there are drunks around all over but we are not playing in the same sand box with 1200 hp cars , bikes, utv of every kind all going in different directions over hills landing on top of each other. Nasty rocky trails keep everyone in line . Dunes are not my thing sorry bud.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
kinda like a reverse of a witch's tittie but in the sand. And usually over a rise that you think you can haul ass over. They can be almost impossible to see when the sun is directly over head and not casting any shadows.
And let's not forget the worst one of them all........kiddy tracks!

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
And let's not forget the worst one of them all........kiddy tracks!
Those can be bad on a dirt bike! Sun directly over head, no shadows, racing a buddy down through the flats along Gecko Road and last minute realize there is a 3 foot deep kiddie track bowl turn in front of you! Loft the front tire over it and the back tire bucks you up in the air and over the bars and your bike lands on top of you! Thankfully I didn't have that happen to me, but I've seen it happen. It was on an "off weekend" and no kids were playing on the kiddie track and no one camped nearby.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Those can be bad on a dirt bike! Sun directly over head, no shadows, racing a buddy down through the flats along Gecko Road and last minute realize there is a 3 foot deep kiddie track bowl turn in front of you! Loft the front tire over it and the back tire bucks you up in the air and over the bars and your bike lands on top of you! Thankfully I didn't have that happen to me, but I've seen it happen. It was on an "off weekend" and no kids were playing on the kiddie track and no one camped nearby.

Sorry for the hi-jack.
I have seen the damage on a brand new sand car 1st time out and destroyed. I guess the rule is stay away from the camp site where they are digging there little death traps. Lol

spoke

RDC Crypto
Lets get back on the thread topic. May 10th and nothing yet. This seems like it could never happen. Not what I want, I want to see RG be successful but this is not looking good. This has the over-promise under deliver smell.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Lets get back on the thread topic. May 10th and nothing yet. This seems like it could never happen. Not what I want, I want to see RG be successful but this is not looking good. This has the over-promise under deliver smell.
Not looking promising for may.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
It’s been over promising on timelines from the get go.

The product should be good, just the timeline sucks.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
So what happened to the no racing till production starts? Saw him getting in the car several times last week.
Technically production has started. Engine assemblies, and other components are in limited production, so are the first 50 cars. They have been stock piling parts like arms, hubs, wheels, tires seats, seatbelts, etc. for awhile now.

I also think the comment about not racing is more about the Trophy Truck and the appearance it makes. He still had SST which is a business commitment and that machine has to keep going. Then you have Max’s racing which Robby is still apart of. Then you had NORRA with Arciaro who put that together and Max & Robby drove several sections.

To me it makes no difference as the Speed UTV program is more then Robby, and it will keep running just fine if Robby takes a day or or gets in a race car.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
It's a 2014 I use it on the streets in havasu also. I am sure there are drunks around all over but we are not playing in the same sand box with 1200 hp cars , bikes, utv of every kind all going in different directions over hills landing on top of each other. Nasty rocky trails keep everyone in line . Dunes are not my thing sorry bud.
Dezert is my thing...always has been...dunes are once or twice a year for fun....I too ride on the streets...and there are crazy drunks there too.
But I must say there is NOTHING like ripping up Glamis early morning on a paddled CR500 before the slugs are stumbling out of bed.

Now back to the Speed car which you bag on...is there something other than yourself you don't bag on?

Last edited:

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Speed show moved to Saturday. Looking at the picture I’m thinking we might see a preproduction two seater? El Diablo or Bandit?

DAC69D61-926C-49CB-B8B5-8BE518362121.jpeg